Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Most annoying phrases Watch

(Original post by Bezzler)
    "Quantum leap" - the SMALLEST leap possible.
    I stand by the occasional use of this phrase because it's quite a neat analogy. Since it just means a discrete jump from one state to another (as opposed to a continuous one), it describes a sudden step change in technology (as opposed to an organic one) quite well. Quite nerdy, though, when described in those terms. :o:

EDIT: I liked 'new and improved', though. It never occurred to me how daft it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MalcomNewMoney84)
    I bottled it at the last moment! I thought that as the summer is passing, and the fact that I've already been on my holiday, I won't really get the chance to wear them somewhere without looking like a tit. Therefore I settled for some cream chinos instead.
    I see. Lesser of two evils, I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrightGirl)
    I see. Lesser of two evils, I suppose.
    lol. You're clearly not a fan of my dress sense :p: Meh, so what clothes/style/shops do you like may I ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Kav-)
    I stand by the occasional use of this phrase because it's quite a neat analogy. Since it just means a discrete jump from one state to another (as opposed to a continuous one), it describes a sudden step change in technology (as opposed to an organic one) quite well. Quite nerdy, though, when described in those terms. :o:
    Well the argument against that is that there's no such thing as gradual change, instead a gradual change is just a series of very small steps (i.e. quantum leaps). Ha.

ReputationRep:
    lol. You're clearly not a fan of my dress sense :p: Meh, so what clothes/style/shops do you like may I ask?
    I'm just messing, wearing what you like is the best option.
    I would only suggest to you boring things like jeans and a shirt, or topman.

(Original post by Bezzler)
    Well the argument against that is that there's no such thing as gradual change, instead a gradual change is just a series of very small steps (i.e. quantum leaps). Ha.
    Hah, very good indeed, and not entirely unforeseen. I can still hide behind Bohr's Correspondence Principle but, at the highest level of accuracy, I must yield in this one. Depends, really, how much QM you're comfortable having in your day-to-day life. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kasiopc)
    :toofunny:

thank you

ReputationRep:
    I'm just messing, wearing what you like is the best option.
    I would only suggest to you boring things like jeans and a shirt, or topman.
    I don't think you are.. but it's cool Sadly I have a bit of a designer label addiction. So you will very rarely find me buying things from such High Street places.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you are.. but it's cool Sadly I have a bit of a designer label addiction. So you will very rarely find me buying things from such High Street places.
    No I wasn't being sarcastic, really.
    Dear oh dear, but I hope you get good use out of your chinos. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cconstant)
    when people put much on the end of a sentence.

e.g. "wow, condescending much?"
    THAT!!! Argh it's the most annoying new phrase, possibly ever.

"Jealous much?" - Shut the **** up.

ReputationRep:
    No I wasn't being sarcastic, really.
    Dear oh dear, but I hope you get good use out of your chinos. :yy:
    Thanks, I haven't actually got that many pairs of trousers or jeans so I probably will. So what sub-culture do you belong to (if you do, that is) when it comes to teenage fashion?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I haven't actually got that many pairs of trousers or jeans so I probably will. So what sub-culture do you belong to (if you do, that is) when it comes to teenage fashion?
    'Normal' group :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    The word 'basically' is very annoying.

ReputationRep:
    'Normal' group :holmes:
    Which consists of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cconstant)
    when people put much on the end of a sentence.

e.g. "wow, condescending much?"
    i agree

ReputationRep:
    Which consists of?
    Normal clothes, no extremes.

ReputationRep:
    Normal clothes, no extremes.
    You'll get a sore arse if you sit on that fence for much longer :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.