Turn on thread page Beta

is he really smoking weed? watch

anon because he knows my username...

this guy that i know claims he smokes weed. im assuming this is to impress me or something along those lines but because i dont smoke it, i dont know whether what he claims is true.

he says he gets high on about 3/4 spliffs ...is this possible?

and when i see him when he is "high" he basically acts rather stupid, like if i ask him "hey are u going town?" and he will be like "huh?" or "wheres that?" or something rubbish like that. also, i thought when ur high, you are just really mellow and laugh a lot and stuff. he just acts like a ****, is really slow and does the whole staring into space a lot.

mind you, I'v never actually seen him smoke anything, its always just been talking to him after hes smoked, so I cant really judge.

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    smell him and look at his eyes to see if they seem red and generally 'spaced out' to help tell if he has been smoking

there are a lot of posers out there who lie about it just to look cool, he may be one of them.

methinks it is very possible to get high on 3/4 joints and everyone acts differently, not all people are mellow and laugh a lot

either way, he seems like a poser if hes always bragging about it and showing off.

ReputationRep:
    well i get lazy and tired and spaced out and i haven't even finished the joint, but then again i'm a lightweight when it comes to EVERYTHING lmao

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it will be really obvious by smelling him. Either that will be really strong, or there will be a wierd deodorant/weed smell coming from him cause he's been trying to cover it up.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like hes a poser to me. Smoking 3/4 joints on a regular basis would cost him loads.

Him acting like an idiot when high sounds like hes faking it too.

Just ask to see him smoke?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, check his eyes and if ur with himwhile he's apparentlyhigh, does he get the munchies? I've never smoked weed myself but a lot of friends do and once we gave this guy a spliff which in real was only a self rolled cigaretteand he pretended to be high allnight and got extremely annoying. When we told him that infact he'd only smoked a cigarette he was speechless hahahha.

ReputationRep:
    sounds like hes over - acting to try and look cool...

Sounds like a poser.

I've been smoking since i was 12 (on and off) - I will be trollied off smoking 4 joints to myself, then again I do put quite a bit in and only smoke quality stuff. But I wouldn't forget what or where 'town' is.. or do stupid stuff..

Before anyone assumed anything, I'm not a junkie. I only smoke to enjoy myself, I got good GCSEs and A Levels and smoked heavily up until now. But I have long periods inbetween where I abstain - like now. I quit sometimes for up to 7/8 months, even once I never smoked for a whole year. But on the other hand, there have been days between 2-3 of us we can smoke around 3 or 4 OZs of Blueberry or Cheese.. pretty much the strongest **** available in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Sounds like a poser.

I've been smoking since i was 12 (on and off) - I will be trollied off smoking 4 joints to myself, then again I do put quite a bit in and only smoke quality stuff. But I wouldn't forget what or where 'town' is.. or do stupid stuff..

Before anyone assumed anything, I'm not a junkie. I only smoke to enjoy myself, I got good GCSEs and A Levels and smoked heavily up until now. But I have long periods inbetween where I abstain - like now. I quit sometimes for up to 7/8 months, even once I never smoked for a whole year. But on the other hand, there have been days between 2-3 of us we can smoke around 3 or 4 OZs of Blueberry or Cheese.. pretty much the strongest **** available in the UK.
    Why are you anon?....Do you think some morally upstanding member of TSR will give the police your username or something? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a poser.

What. A. Rebel. :facepalm: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like he's making it up tbh. Cush doesn't make you 'high' - it has the opposite effect. It'll mellow you out, chill you out and sometimes turn you into a fridge raiding gigglefest.

You don't suddenly start acting like a buffoon. If anything, he'd start saying more profound things or more analytical things about his surroundings.

3/4 spliffs in a night is quite a bender. He mustn't be doing this regularly or he'd be in a shiz load of debt right now.

ReputationRep:
    You would be able to tell.

Ugh druggos are such time wasters. Being around someone when they are high is either really frustrating or quite funny. One guy got the giggles badly and was chuckling for half an hour non stop, he could hardly breath.

ReputationRep:
    Just smell him. Weed has a certain smell and you'll defo know.

Naccabis gives off ap rett y strong smel. it aslo mkes u realy hih un stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Ask if you can have some next time he's smoking. Then you can watch him do it if he really does and you can just back out or not actually inhale.

ReputationRep:
    4 J's on his own? Lmao, poser deffo cos he doesn't know what he's talking about for starters...

ReputationRep:
    anon because he knows my username...

this guy that i know claims he smokes weed. im assuming this is to impress me or something along those lines but because i dont smoke it, i dont know whether what he claims is true.

he says he gets high on about 3/4 spliffs ...is this possible?

and when i see him when he is "high" he basically acts rather stupid, like if i ask him "hey are u going town?" and he will be like "huh?" or "wheres that?" or something rubbish like that. also, i thought when ur high, you are just really mellow and laugh a lot and stuff. he just acts like a ****, is really slow and does the whole staring into space a lot.

mind you, I'v never actually seen him smoke anything, its always just been talking to him after hes smoked, so I cant really judge.

What do you think?
    He's ************! Acting really stupid like, "where's that?" is not from weed - it's from his stupid and low selfesteemed personality. Weed makes you chilled, a bit giggly and maybe a bit dumb but not like that.

He's trying to impress you. Check his eyes, are they red? Smell his breath.

(Original post by starsdream2)
    Why are you anon?....Do you think some morally upstanding member of TSR will give the police your username or something? :rolleyes:
    There is nothing morally upstanding about snitching on someone. Also, TSR has my IP address and could inform the police that way - but how likely is that? The police would probably laugh at them.

But its been 2-3 weeks since I last had a smoke and not going to now till middle/end of September.

Usually its the other way round, i spend the whole of winter sober (except for christmas holidays), I don't drink alcohol and only smoke cannabis, usually during the summer holidays. Its the best time.. just to relax, go somewhere in the country side, find a nice spot and have a few spliffs, listen to music and pass time.

(Original post by Arctic_wombaT)
    What. A. Rebel.
    Did you even read what I wrote? What you are saying would fit, if I did the opposite of what I said.. but I don't.

ReputationRep:
    he sounds like a poser to me... but the ultimate test is to tell him that u want to smoke it with him. go up to him and tell him you will share a joint and pay half price and then after school if he shows u the weed then tell him i changed my mind.. i dont want this ****.. but if he keeps coming up with reasons the he is fake

ReputationRep:
    As others have said you'd be able to tell by the distinct smell and check his eyes. 3/4 joints is quite alot he sounds like a poser imo.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2009
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.