Turn on thread page Beta

Pills that cause weight gain (side effect) whilst trying to lose weight!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey.

I have been forced to take Primolut-N by my wretched mother and one of the side effects is weight gain... 2 lbs in a week! However at the same time i have been trying to LOSE weight for the past 2 weeks. 3-4 times a week at gym.

I was wondering, is this weight gain permanent from pills as i will be stopping the pills today... or could it go?

Thanks
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Why have you been forced?? :confused:

I don't really think you can complain too much about a 2lb weight gain.. your weight will fluctuate from time to time. And if you've only been going to the gym for two weeks, i think panicking about a teeny bit of weight which probably isn't that obvious is a bit obsessive :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dani_88)
    Why have you been forced?? :confused:

I don't really think you can complain too much about a 2lb weight gain.. your weight will fluctuate from time to time. And if you've only been going to the gym for two weeks, i think panicking about a teeny bit of weight which probably isn't that obvious is a bit obsessive :p:

To postpone my periods for our holiday... and yes mabye 2lb is nothing but i would rather be losing weight than gaining ANYTHING from these silly pills!

ReputationRep:
    Your mum sounds like a right tool, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    it can prospone them but not always if you want to losse weight at the same time you can but you wont gain 2lbs every week. also they tend to take a few cycles to work so if your holiday is soon it prob wont prospone them, just eat healthy and work out

ReputationRep:
    I just don't see how 2lb weight gain can be 100% definitely caused by these pills.. is there any proof of that?

Could be being caused by anything. Weight gain doesn't just happen overnight..and weight gain is a side effect of everything these days :rolleyes:

Keep at it with the gym and stop worrying.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.