Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can you leave the house wearing no makeup at all? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Can you leave the house wearing no makeup at all?
    Yes
    80.90%
    No
    19.10%

ReputationRep:
    yeh sometimes, but i dont think anyone that see's me would appreciate it..shock horrorrrrrrrr

ReputationRep:
    Sure i can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    Yes.

If you can't then clearly you have problems.
    Er, why?

ReputationRep:
    i usually meet make up whenever i know i gonna meet with people i know, but for going shopping, hair dresser or stuff like that i usually dont bother ...

ReputationRep:
    I could today, but I've nowhere to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by besomebody)
    Er, why?
    Well why can't you leave the house wearing no makeup at all?

(Original post by keepoffthelawn)
    Sorry but you're being completely ignorant..
    I didn't mean it in a horrible way, but I think it's sad that some of my friends feel that people they haven't even met in the street will judge them for not wearing makeup on their way to the shops to get some milk. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Yup.
    Then, again, I don't wear makeup at all, unless its a night out.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but you're being completely ignorant..
    If someone physically can't step outside without putting makeup on (essentially hiding behind a mask) then I'd also say they have some sort of confidence/ identity problem.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I can go out without make up anyday..but always feel like i at least need carmex or something!

ReputationRep:
    I can but I feel very uncomfortable if I don't have anything to cover up my old acne marks.
    Anyways, I voted no because even in the biggest hurry I always manage to find the time to put on some mascara and foundation and stuff..

ReputationRep:
    Well why can't you leave the house wearing no makeup at all?

I didn't mean it in a horrible way, but I think it's sad that some of my friends feel that people they haven't even met in the street will judge them for not wearing makeup on their way to the shops to get some milk. :dontknow:
    Yeah maybe it is sad, it doesn't mean they have ''problems'' though, does it? Just that they are insecure, or that they don't want to bump into someone they know looking rough.

To answer your question OP, I couldn't go completely bare faced. If I had my eyelashes tinted and perfect skin, I would. It's mainly concealer for me that I can't go out without, my skin is sensitive so is prone to redness occasionally.

EDIT: Also, some people here are just blatantly lying. I know so many girls that claim they don't wear any make-up, but are really wearing natural looking mascara and concealer all the time. Some people seem to think make-up only means things like lots of foundation, eye-liner or lipgloss, when it doesn't.

Having said that, everyone I know who genuinely doesn't wear make-up is rather unattractive. I don't actually think that's due to no make-up, just that those who wear it seem to take more pride in their appearance in general, from what I've personally seen. If it makes you look better, and it always does if you do it right, I don't see the big deal in wearing it. It isn't any different to getting a hair cut or colour that best suits your face/skin tone, or wearing clothes that flatter your shape. Mascara makes my eyes look better, so I wear it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

But I am a guy and I think this thread was referring to girls.

I may be wrong though.

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah it is sad, but that's also the reality many people face. And other people do judge. I know from experience how badly acne negatively influences your self confidence. It doesn't necessarily mean that people are shallow or vain if they "can't" leave the house without makeup on, some people just haven't been lucky enough to have clear skin..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelephant)
    If someone physically can't step outside without putting makeup on (essentially hiding behind a mask) then I'd also say they have some sort of confidence/ identity problem.
    They might just be plain ugly, though. We're not all beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelephant)
    i guess that's true, i just got the impression that she meant that people are vain/shallow if they think they can't leave the house without makeup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    Yeah maybe it is sad, it doesn't mean they have ''problems'' though, does it? Just that they are insecure, or that they don't want to bump into someone they know looking rough.
    And what I meant by "problems" was insecurity issues/confidence problems. I'm not having a dig, I get this too.

ReputationRep:
    i guess that's true, i just got the impression that she meant that people are vain/shallow if they think they can't leave the house without makeup.
    Oh no I meant insecurity problems :/

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and often do. Other times, I may put on a bit of eyeliner (but that's only when I'm not wearing my glasses).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    Wow. You just summed up what I thought but couldn't put into words. No, I don't go out without makeup. Ever. But it is very minimal, and only because I look like I am sleep deprived without it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no I meant insecurity problems :/
    ok, sorry..! I just feel like i need to put people straight when they say ignorant things like that (i.e. what i thought you meant) because its really hurtful.. i should stop assuming so much sorry again

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.