Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you leave the house wearing no makeup at all? Watch

• View Poll Results: Can you leave the house wearing no makeup at all?
    Yes
    80.90%
    No
    19.10%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    They might just be plain ugly, though. We're not all beautiful.
    ... yeah, i.e. they have a confidence problem. I don't consider myself beautiful in any way, in fact I can't stand my appearance, but I don't feel the need to cover myself in layers of makeup to walk a few metres down the street :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely not. If someone saw my actual face I'd just DIE.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. What I do have to apply however, if moisturiser, if not I feel really tight and uncomfortable.

ReputationRep:
    I can go out without makeup however I don't ever really lol... Tbh I just feel more comfortable when I'm wearing it.

ReputationRep:
    i can leave the house without makeup but sometimes i leave and then i wish i had brought along some lip balm
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    I don't understand how people can be so ashamed of their bare naked face to the point of avoiding going outside. Some people really need to man up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    I don't understand how people can be so ashamed of their bare naked face to the point of avoiding going outside. Some people really need to man up.
    I bet you're one of those lucky people who always had perfect skin. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I wore a bit of foundation for a week or something, just to see, but it was a lot of effort and I couldn't be bothered. I don't know how to put on eye liner. :erm:

But I think I look okay without it. Can't remember the last time I wore it TBH.

ReputationRep:
    yeh if im poping down to the supermarket/somewhere close
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by keepoffthelawn)
    I bet you're one of those lucky people who always had perfect skin.
    My skin isn't perfect - it's not horrid but it's not perfect. And I'm really pale and washed out. I'd just rather be spending the time doing other things that aren't make up related. A night out then yeah sure, give me my make up but for a uni lecture I don't see anything wrong with the natural look unless I reeeally need to hide tired eyes.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I think it's pretty pathetic if you can't. You should be just as comfortable without makeup.

Whenever I see people wearing lots of make up, even if they look pretty, you don't know whether that's them or the make up. It's so easy to look beautiful with make up. It's whether you look beautiful without it that's the interesting thing.

ReputationRep:
    No, I have to have a bit of foundation on to cover up my awful skin. I used to have terrible acne and that combined with some awful comments I got about it sucked away any self confidence I once had. Call me vain, call me whatever but if it makes me feel better, then it's worth it.

ReputationRep:
    No. :dontknow: Don't care if this means i have 'problems' or I'm 'pathetic' as many people in this thread have said.

ReputationRep:
    Yes of course I could and probably would most of the time if my skin would allow for it. Sadly, whilst it's pretty clear, it still has a few marks on it that need concealing. I always find time to quickly use a bit of concealer and powder, even if it's just a short journey. It just makes me feel better so it's more for my benefit than for anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    i don't really wear make up.. if i'm going to a party or smt i wear a bit of mascara and lipbalm

why cake your face in it you know? most people don't need it much anywaysthat being said, sometimes i do feel better if i wear some... also it can be fun to get all dolled up

ReputationRep:
    Depends how spotty I am.

ReputationRep:
    Physically I can, but I'd rather not.

ReputationRep:
    I did the other day,
    I had a fake tan (No I wasn't orange)
    And normally my skin is very light and I feel it needs a bit of colour, but with the tan I felt fine and was wondering around town, I also didn't have eye makeup on as you cannot wear any makeup during the tan

ReputationRep:
    No....otherwise I have little eyes and yellow skin

I never wear any :woo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.