Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you leave the house wearing no makeup at all? Watch

• View Poll Results: Can you leave the house wearing no makeup at all?
    Yes
    80.90%
    No
    19.10%

ReputationRep:
    Not me, no. I wear a very strong prescription in my glasses and they make my eyes look really piggy. If I didn't wear mascara, I'd feel like **** because my eyes aren't naturally small - they're just made to appear smaller by my glasses.

Therefore, No, I won't leave the house with absolutely no makeup on.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, no. I have quite good skin, but still always wear full foundation, concealer etc...and despite having naturally dark hair, I have really pale eyelashes and eyebrows, which makes me look really washed out!

Plus, I absolutely adore makeup, I spend a lot of my wages on it, and I love doing it! Love doing my eyeshadow and stuff, and I look so much better when i'm fully made up

ReputationRep:
    nah...wish i could really, but wearing a bit of mascara and eyeliner always makes me feel a bit better than without... dont know if that made any sense but ah well

ReputationRep:
    Lmao, of course! I dont actually wear any cos I'm like strangely allergic to it.. haha how odd!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Yes. I think it's pretty pathetic if you can't. You should be just as comfortable without makeup.

Whenever I see people wearing lots of make up, even if they look pretty, you don't know whether that's them or the make up. It's so easy to look beautiful with make up. It's whether you look beautiful without it that's the interesting thing.
    Yeah but some people aren't lucky enough to be born beautiful, and are they supposed to have it worse off just because of their genetics? Make up can enhance your looks if you weren't born like Audrey Hepburn. That's why I like it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    My skin isn't perfect - it's not horrid but it's not perfect. And I'm really pale and washed out. I'd just rather be spending the time doing other things that aren't make up related. A night out then yeah sure, give me my make up but for a uni lecture I don't see anything wrong with the natural look unless I reeeally need to hide tired eyes.
    fair. But i take it you've never had acne? and no, i'm not talking the little amount of zits most teenagers get, i'm talking the disease that you have for years on end..

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I can and do, but I prefer to cover spots and blemishes :p:

I look very pale without make-up though so I usually wear a little bit when I go to uni or round a friends. If I'm going to the shop or something I won't wear any.

But ofcourse, i'd look like a man without it :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Yup, I like the natural look.. But accessories are a MUST! :]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia)
    Of course I can....whether I will or not is another question.
    This sums me up perfectly :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I can leave the house without wearing make up.

I don't wear it often, apart from occasionally some foundation to cover up spots that's it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissUndastood)
    Yup, I like the natural look.. But accessories are a MUST! :]
    My point exactly :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Yup i already do.. saves me from having to spend money on makeup all the time and using it for more important things, and i cba with it tbh

ReputationRep:
    Yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Not me, no. I wear a very strong prescription in my glasses and they make my eyes look really piggy. If I didn't wear mascara, I'd feel like **** because my eyes aren't naturally small - they're just made to appear smaller by my glasses.

Therefore, No, I won't leave the house with absolutely no makeup on.
    Aww it's such a shame your glasses make you feel like you can't go without make-up Can you not get contacts in your prescription?

I was going to say you look like you don't need make-up to look pretty, but obviously you're wearing it in your profile pic so I wouldn't really know :p:

ReputationRep:
    You mean I'll look ugly if I don't :zomg:

Ah well, you can't win 'em all. I cannot be bothered with makeup, I only wear it for special occasions. Just meeting up with my friends I wouldn't dream of wearing it, they've seen me without it enough times, why put up the pretence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)

I don't wear it often, apart from occasionally some foundation to cover up spots that's it.
    but that increaes your chance of getting more, why even bother?? i never get why males even need to do that.. i just find it strange.. oh well your choice :p:

ReputationRep:
    yes, yes i can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)

Are you joking ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikipip)
    I rarely do unless I'm going somewhere nice - restaurant, cafe, cinema ... if I'm just going shopping or to uni, for example, I don't bother.

Though sometimes I've bumped into people I know and have regretted not making more of an effort!
    Always happens the day you choose not to apply make-up :rolleyes: And it's usually someone you haven't seen in ages/want to impress/always look made-up.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.