Turn on thread page Beta

Can you leave the house wearing no makeup at all? watch

• View Poll Results: Can you leave the house wearing no makeup at all?
    Yes
    80.90%
    No
    19.10%

ReputationRep:
    yeah
    if i'm not doing much i won't bother with it...

ReputationRep:
    quite easily now

ReputationRep:
    I can go anywhere without wearing make-up - however i do feel its necessary to make sure my hair is pumped up with lots of volume and is bouffant!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    Aww it's such a shame your glasses make you feel like you can't go without make-up Can you not get contacts in your prescription?

I was going to say you look like you don't need make-up to look pretty, but obviously you're wearing it in your profile pic so I wouldn't really know :p:
    Oh definitely if I didn't wear glasses, I'd be perfectly happy without makeup on. Contact lenses are looking increasingly unlikely. I've spent £60 on a trial and they're struggling to find a pair that aren't uncomfortable, sadly.

Ah well, such is life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    Are you joking ?
    Why would I be? Though I wish I was. You can still see the bumps which is nasty but when people take photos and slap them on Facebook without your consent then it's better than nothing. I hate redness on my face.

ReputationRep:
    yes and often do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Oh definitely if I didn't wear glasses, I'd be perfectly happy without makeup on. Contact lenses are looking increasingly unlikely. I've spent £60 on a trial and they're struggling to find a pair that aren't uncomfortable, sadly.

Ah well, such is life!
    Ugh! With all this technology they can't come up with a suitable set of contact lenses? What a nuisance. I'm guessing you just get used to it though... and when you're in a routine of always wearing make-up it's not something you really think about anyway is it?

Let's hope some clever person works out how to make you some suitable contacts so that £60 was worth it!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Yes, because I'm not neurotic.

People who say 'no', what would you do if you spent the night with a man? Leave your makeup on all night so it looks awful when you wake up? I don't understand.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I only wear mascara and eyeshadow usually, but I always put mascara on at least, because I feel naked without it.

ReputationRep:
    I've left the house without makeup before. If I'm just running over the road to the shops I won't bother or even going to the supermarket or sometimes I simply can't be bothered. I've gone to college and school in the past without.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    Why would I be? Though I wish I was. You can still see the bumps which is nasty but when people take photos and slap them on Facebook without your consent then it's better than nothing. I hate redness on my face.
    Fair enough

ReputationRep:
    the only accesories i wear are a watch and earrings

about once a month i put eyeliner on, thats on the days i wake up early and have time to, thats about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    Ugh! With all this technology they can't come up with a suitable set of contact lenses? What a nuisance. I'm guessing you just get used to it though... and when you're in a routine of always wearing make-up it's not something you really think about anyway is it?

Let's hope some clever person works out how to make you some suitable contacts so that £60 was worth it!
    Yeah, it's just part of my morning routine I guess. Some people would wash, put their lenses in, get dressed. I just swap the lenses for 'put my face on' lol.

Yeah, technology's advancing all the time. Lenses have some so far already since I first tried gas permeables as a 12yr old. Still not quite up to the -4 astigmatism though, but in 10 years time who knows!

ReputationRep:
    I have to at least be wearing foundation, as my cheeks are very red without it! Which with ginger isn't a good look..

ReputationRep:
    It depends where i'm going and who i'm seeing.
    If it's to college, seeing my mates, going shopping, cinema, restaurant, etc, where i'll be out of the house for a while, then i'll always wear it.
    If i'm going to the shop to fetch a bottle of milk, going out to see relatives, going on my driving lesson, etc, then i won't because it doesn't matter.
    But probably 80% of the time i leave the house i wear it, yeah. Not ashamed either, if it makes you feel fresh and attractive, then why not? It just gives you a boost and makes you feel reassured.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like leaving the house without make up but i technically could, just really wouldn't want to.

ReputationRep:
    eyeliner at the very least!

ReputationRep:
    Sadly no. I can do without eye makeup- but my skin insists on being spotty all the time so I can never do without foundation and concealer, otherwise I'd lose some confidence cos I'd look a mess. I wish It wasn't like that, I get tired of depending in makeup.

ReputationRep:
    Think of all the money that the government wastes and education, health etc now have to suffer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Montarnna)
    I often do, but I feel much more confident if I am wearing at least mascara
    ditto, its odd that some people never do, my friend won't even go round halls with none on, :eek:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.