Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you leave the house wearing no makeup at all? Watch

• View Poll Results: Can you leave the house wearing no makeup at all?
    Yes
    80.90%
    No
    19.10%

ReputationRep:
    yeah
    if i'm not doing much i won't bother with it...

ReputationRep:
    quite easily now

ReputationRep:
    I can go anywhere without wearing make-up - however i do feel its necessary to make sure my hair is pumped up with lots of volume and is bouffant!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    Aww it's such a shame your glasses make you feel like you can't go without make-up Can you not get contacts in your prescription?

I was going to say you look like you don't need make-up to look pretty, but obviously you're wearing it in your profile pic so I wouldn't really know :p:
    Oh definitely if I didn't wear glasses, I'd be perfectly happy without makeup on. Contact lenses are looking increasingly unlikely. I've spent £60 on a trial and they're struggling to find a pair that aren't uncomfortable, sadly.

Ah well, such is life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupcakee)
    Are you joking ?
    Why would I be? Though I wish I was. You can still see the bumps which is nasty but when people take photos and slap them on Facebook without your consent then it's better than nothing. I hate redness on my face.

ReputationRep:
    yes and often do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Oh definitely if I didn't wear glasses, I'd be perfectly happy without makeup on. Contact lenses are looking increasingly unlikely. I've spent £60 on a trial and they're struggling to find a pair that aren't uncomfortable, sadly.

Ah well, such is life!
    Ugh! With all this technology they can't come up with a suitable set of contact lenses? What a nuisance. I'm guessing you just get used to it though... and when you're in a routine of always wearing make-up it's not something you really think about anyway is it?

Let's hope some clever person works out how to make you some suitable contacts so that £60 was worth it!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Yes, because I'm not neurotic.

People who say 'no', what would you do if you spent the night with a man? Leave your makeup on all night so it looks awful when you wake up? I don't understand.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I only wear mascara and eyeshadow usually, but I always put mascara on at least, because I feel naked without it.

ReputationRep:
    I've left the house without makeup before. If I'm just running over the road to the shops I won't bother or even going to the supermarket or sometimes I simply can't be bothered. I've gone to college and school in the past without.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    Why would I be? Though I wish I was. You can still see the bumps which is nasty but when people take photos and slap them on Facebook without your consent then it's better than nothing. I hate redness on my face.
    Fair enough

ReputationRep:
    the only accesories i wear are a watch and earrings

about once a month i put eyeliner on, thats on the days i wake up early and have time to, thats about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    Ugh! With all this technology they can't come up with a suitable set of contact lenses? What a nuisance. I'm guessing you just get used to it though... and when you're in a routine of always wearing make-up it's not something you really think about anyway is it?

Let's hope some clever person works out how to make you some suitable contacts so that £60 was worth it!
    Yeah, it's just part of my morning routine I guess. Some people would wash, put their lenses in, get dressed. I just swap the lenses for 'put my face on' lol.

Yeah, technology's advancing all the time. Lenses have some so far already since I first tried gas permeables as a 12yr old. Still not quite up to the -4 astigmatism though, but in 10 years time who knows!

ReputationRep:
    I have to at least be wearing foundation, as my cheeks are very red without it! Which with ginger isn't a good look..

ReputationRep:
    It depends where i'm going and who i'm seeing.
    If it's to college, seeing my mates, going shopping, cinema, restaurant, etc, where i'll be out of the house for a while, then i'll always wear it.
    If i'm going to the shop to fetch a bottle of milk, going out to see relatives, going on my driving lesson, etc, then i won't because it doesn't matter.
    But probably 80% of the time i leave the house i wear it, yeah. Not ashamed either, if it makes you feel fresh and attractive, then why not? It just gives you a boost and makes you feel reassured.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like leaving the house without make up but i technically could, just really wouldn't want to.

ReputationRep:
    eyeliner at the very least!

ReputationRep:
    Sadly no. I can do without eye makeup- but my skin insists on being spotty all the time so I can never do without foundation and concealer, otherwise I'd lose some confidence cos I'd look a mess. I wish It wasn't like that, I get tired of depending in makeup.

ReputationRep:
    Think of all the money that the government wastes and education, health etc now have to suffer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Montarnna)
    I often do, but I feel much more confident if I am wearing at least mascara
    ditto, its odd that some people never do, my friend won't even go round halls with none on, :eek:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.