Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you leave the house wearing no makeup at all? Watch

• View Poll Results: Can you leave the house wearing no makeup at all?
    Yes
    80.90%
    No
    19.10%

ReputationRep:
    No
    unless I wear my glasses.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I usually go to work with no makeup on, or popping to the shops. I used to go to college with no makeup sometimes too.

ReputationRep:
    i can, if i want to sleep longer than i wont bother with it. its that simple

ReputationRep:
    I love it wen i dont have ny on wen i go out but i need foundation coz i have dark circles that wont go away. lol
    But i dont wear loads or cake it on at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Not at all! I love masculinity, but... on men.
    That's a contradiction that somewhat cancels the validity of the previous statement. By the way, winking at me is a form of flirting.

(it's fun arguing with you, don't take it personally)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepoffthelawn)
    Well I think its rude to ridicule people like that. Do you honestly think a girl who has had severe acne for years is being a vain airhead if she can't leave her house without covering her cysts, red marks, scars and zits?
    Whoa, definitely not. The question here is different, though, it's "Can you leave the house wearing no makeup at all?" and not "Can you leave the house wearing no makeup at all when you have cysts, red marks, scars and zits?"

The issue is that some people develop a pathological necessity of wearing makeup which clearly outweighs any real physical cosmetical need. I'm talking about the people who look perfectly beautiful, yet cannot find security in that alone and rely on fards to put that confident smile on their faces.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, in fact I do quite a lot :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I can, but I only wear a light coating of powder foundation so it only takes me a couple of seconds to brush it on anyway - it's not an epic make up routine by any standards!

ReputationRep:
    No, mainly because I have blonde eyelashes I think I really really weird witout mascara, oh and there's always one spot somewhere that needs covering up, always.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Cookie)
    Whoa, definitely not. The question here is different, though, it's "Can you leave the house wearing no makeup at all?" and not "Can you leave the house wearing no makeup at all when you have cysts, red marks, scars and zits?"
    Sadly for me, the latter has been a daily reality for the past 3 years. So my answer to both questions has to be no. If that makes me vain, and relying on something trivial to give me back a little bit of my self confidence, then so be it.

ReputationRep:
    I hardly ever wear makeup, so yes I leave the house without it more often than with it.

I only ever really wear makeup on a night out, or if I'm going for a meal or something similar. I'll occasionally put a bit of concealer, mascara and blusher on if I'm going out during the day shopping, or to the cinema or something but I never ever wear make up to work or anything like that.

ReputationRep:
    At school and sixth I never bothered at all.

Now I cannot leave the house without at least mascara... my eyelashes are really long, but blonde so no mascara means I look like I have no eyelashes.... which I don't like!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but i usually wear eyeliner

ReputationRep:
    yep.

ReputationRep:
    yeah depending where im going, if im out with friends or going out to a pub / club then il wear makeup but if im out on my own i cant always be bothered! and when i was at school i didnt usually wear makeup, or if i did then it was only mascara + lip gloss. i only wear foundation if im going out clubbing or something, in the day i only wear eyeliner, mascara, and a bit fo concealer if i need it.
    x

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I don't wear loads of make up anyway, but I have to go out with at least just a bit of mascara on.

ReputationRep:
    I can't

I don't have much self-confidence and was bullied for years by girls who would call me 'ugly' and 'hideous' on a daily basis. My boyfriend has seen me bare-faced but most of my friends haven't, since I was about 11/12.

Make-up helps me to feel so much better about myself and gives me much needed confidence. Also, all my friends wear make-up everyday so it would feel strange not wearing any when I was with them :s

ReputationRep:
    I've worn make up three times and that's just mascara and eyeliner.

ReputationRep:
    I always put at least concealer and foundation on - even if I'm not leaving the house! It's part of my morning routine.

I'm very amused by some of the commentary in this thread. I guess I'm one of those girls with low self-esteem who needs to grow up.

I look exactly the same with make-up on, except without the red patches. But apparently to be confident in myself and to have good self-esteem I need to accept who I am. And naturally who I am is a girl with uneven skin tone. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    yes, i only wear it if i'm going out with my friends. if not i dont bother with it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.