Turn on thread page Beta

Can you leave the house wearing no makeup at all? watch

• View Poll Results: Can you leave the house wearing no makeup at all?
    Yes
    80.90%
    No
    19.10%

ReputationRep:
    It's the exception to the rule if I wear makeup, I'm 18 ferchrissake. When I get to 30, I might actually have a reason to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelephant)
    If someone physically can't step outside without putting makeup on (essentially hiding behind a mask) then I'd also say they have some sort of confidence problem
    Yeah I would agree with this.
    I voted 'yes' because these days I don't feel the insatiable need to wear make up. When I was 16-17 I couldn't stand going out of the house or going to school without make up because I was convinced I looked terrible. Now my confidence is a lot higher and I only really wear make-up during nights out or special occasions.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be quite happy to leave the house without any make up on if necessary, but I don't feel right in the morning until I've cleansed, toned and moisturised. I think trying to look after my skin properly is more important.

But I do normally wear a bit of eyeliner and sometimes mascara to make myself look a bit more awake in the morning, and I carry lip balm and vaseline around when I'm out the house :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yes I can, but would I want to??? No not really...

ReputationRep:
    i'VE got quite bad rocesea so i always have 2 go out with at least a dab of benifit foundation xx

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I'm not allowed to wear make-up in school .

ReputationRep:
    No I can't unfortunately, I mean, WHAT WOULD I DO WITHOUT MY MAKEUP?!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I hardly ever wear make up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelephant)
    I never wear makeup, the horror :woo:
    Same - I haven't worn any make-up since late 2007. :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Helpful. :rolleyes:
    Well the truth hurts

ReputationRep:
    I do so frequently. I go through stints of maybe putting on a little - like eyeliner and mascara... but more often than not I just go without. Mainly because if you go the whole hog and put on foundation it comes off on clothes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    girls that cant leave the house without make up are ugly, haha they need make up 2 look gd
    This is the biggest load of rubbish I have ever read.
    Maybe a girl needs the make-up for confidence? Even the hottest girl on the planet will critise the way she looks, I can tell you that for sure.

ReputationRep:
    i dont wear makeup, except for a bit of lipgloss now and then. the last time i used eyeliner it was apparently dirty and i got conjunctivitis. on my birthday. fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle88)
    This is the biggest load of rubbish I have ever read.
    Maybe a girl needs the make-up for confidence? Even the hottest girl on the planet will critise the way she looks, I can tell you that for sure.
    nop i know of only one girl who even without make up she looks good, she still wears make up but she doesnt need it, i do not know of any other girl that looks the same without make up

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind at all, I've found myself wearing it alot less lately. I don't even wear it around my boyfriend, plus with my skin type it just makes my complexion look horrible.

ReputationRep:
    Why does it make you some sort of martyr on here for declaring that you don't wear make up?! Not being funny, but looking at some of profile photos, you could actually do with a bit of make up! So its not anything to be proud of...

Also before anyone looks at my photo and says I wear too much, I dooon't care! I like make up and you can't stop me wearing it... OK!

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't. It's a plain fact that I look better with some foundation/cover up and mascara. I don't have confidence issues, I just look better that way and it takes me about two seconds; I don't see the issue.

ReputationRep:
    i never wear makeup , cos my skin has an olive glow and i dont see the point in piling on peachy foundation over it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I often do. Then again I do often love getting all dolled up even if it is only to go to the supermarket. Depends how lazy I'm feeling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    Well the truth hurts
    it cant be 'truth' unless its a fact , and you dont know what every girl with makeup looks like without ,most people look fresher and more natural without makeup but still wear it to go out to work etc. so they dont look like they've just rolled out of bed..on americas next top model ,in the first show they have to remove all their makeup , and most of them look even better without it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.