Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

...When I speak to her. Because, trust me, I tend to ramble on a lot when talking to friends or posting on these forums, lol. So please bear with me.

There's a girl at my sixth form who's moderately popular but very introverted and quiet. She works really hard in lessons and doesn't say very much during break times but she's not bullied or disliked by anyone (that I know of). She went to an AS finishing party the other day (and I did too) and she didn't get drunk like me or anybody else because she had to leave early. So you know, I hope I’m painting a picture here. She's not like intimidatingly hot to most other boys, but I think she's beautiful.

I used to be like her and I still am around strangers or when I'm alone or not with my friends. Maybe she's like me when she's alone with mates, I don't know. I only do one lesson with her but I wish I had more because I know we'd be perfect for each other and I just like talking to her but I always get tongue-tied because I never want to blurt out something stupid. We’re in the same lesson, but I don’t think she sees me as boyfriend material because we’re more like rivals in that lesson because we sit on opposite sides of the class, are the only ones getting As, she always takes notes, I don’t even get any stuff out, and everybody else in that class doesn’t turn up or isn’t great at the subject. Not trying to sound big headed but it’s true. I’m sure you TSR people probably have similar lessons.

I'm not sure if anybody remembers, but I posted a thread awhile ago about some moron that was annoys me:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...guy+is+a+moron
    lately this guy has been more of a suckup after I and my mates kept shooting him down (thanks for the advice TSR lol!!!) after he took snipes at me, but either way I just try to ignore him now.

Well, after this party, this moron and some other guy I've never met before were both texting this girl and those two were sitting right next to each other (everybody had woken up and gone away or to the kitchen at this point) and I was there with these two guys, half asleep on the floor.
    And these two guys were obviously in macho-man competition with each other. For example: (I remember this word for word),
    Moron: “just received a text from X".
    other guy: “what's it say?"
    moron: oh wouldn't you like to know.."
    And then the other guy texted x about how moron got absolute smashed and passed out because he was so drunk (which he did). So, is it just me, or were they in competition with each other here? I don't know. would like your views. Sorry about the miniature soap opera there.

But listening to them talking about riding her and implying things about what she's texting back really did annoy me as I lay there half-asleep on the floor. I just know that she deserves better than those two (even though I don't even know about this other guy). I just couldn't stand it if she got with that moron. I know we're better suited for each other. I know we're perfect for each other. But the only
    problem is, I've only ever been in one relationship before and I always get tongue-tied when I speak to her :\

ReputationRep:
    You really just need to bite the bullet on this one and talk to her. Ask her out to a movie or something. And you need to do it quickly if you want to get in there before the "moron" gets her.

ReputationRep:
    I just like talking to her but I always get tongue-tied because I never want to blurt out something stupid.
    stuff it, just talk, you've gotta start somewhere, so what if you say something you think is stupid, sshe may not think that.

I like how you call him 'Moron'! :p:

I just couldn't stand it if she got with that moron. I know we're better suited for each other. I know we're perfect for each other.
    you, better make sure you talk to her first then!

The holidays are a perfect excuse for getting in touch cus you don't see her as an excuse so it can just be an excuse to see someone whilst all your other friends are on "holiday".

From what you said you aren't huge friends now so you should go out a few times, but be careful not to get into the classic "friend zone". Get some in-jokes going and bring her out of her shell, then talk to her, or make a move-depending on what you think would best suit the two of you!

You sound like a LOVELY guy (wanna come to my sixth form?) and she'd be lucky to have you...

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But listening to them talking about riding her and implying things about what she's texting back really did annoy me as I lay there half-asleep on the floor. I just know that she deserves better than those two (even though I don't even know about this other guy). I just couldn't stand it if she got with that moron. I know we're better suited for each other. I know we're perfect for each other. But the only
    problem is, I've only ever been in one relationship before and I always get tongue-tied when I speak to her :\
    They're just fantasising, OP. it sounds you would have a better shot out of you and the moron. Lose your worries and just talk to her, easier said than done i know but once you start the conversation will start rolling, you'll gain confidence and you'll finally be talking to her and getting to know like you wanted

good luck and don't let that moron get you down.

The holidays are a perfect excuse for getting in touch cus you don't see her as an excuse so it can just be an excuse to see someone whilst all your other friends are on "holiday".

From what you said you aren't huge friends now so you should go out a few times, but be careful not to get into the classic "friend zone". Get some in-jokes going and bring her out of her shell, then talk to her, or make a move-depending on what you think would best suit the two of you!

You sound like a LOVELY guy (wanna come to my sixth form?) and she'd be lucky to have you...

Best of luck!

Thanks. I appreiciate your comments. I'm just worried because I've got some kind of disease where I'm bound to say something stupid to people I don't actually talk to very often, lol.

my other friend is after some girl (it's widely known knowledge between my group of friends, unlike my thing here) and we all found out (through the only female in our tight group of freinds, obviously doing that girl thing when they discuss boys then report back) that this girl thinks of my friend as just a friend and so when we told him, he was gutted to be in the friend zone. So that's a worry, also.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I appreiciate your comments. I'm just worried because I've got some kind of disease where I'm bound to say something stupid to people I don't actually talk to very often, lol.

my other friend is after some girl (it's widely known knowledge between my group of friends, unlike my thing here) and we all found out (through the only female in our tight group of freinds, obviously doing that girl thing when they discuss boys then report back) that this girl thinks of my friend as just a friend and so when we told him, he was gutted to be in the friend zone. So that's a worry, also.
    I, and many others, find this disease quite adorable. (see Pride and Predjudice's Mr Bingley :p: ) Just go for it.

(Original post by oh wow)
    I, and many others, find this disease quite adorable. (see Pride and Predjudice's Mr Bingley :p: ) Just go for it.

Well I've never seen those films, but I'm sure it can be adorable sometimes but other times it's so awkward lol. Porbably more awkward for me being the person feeling emabrrassed. You don't know how bad it is lol

ReputationRep:
    Well I've never seen those films, but I'm sure it can be adorable sometimes but other times it's so awkward lol. Porbably more awkward for me being the person feeling emabrrassed. You don't know how bad it is lol
    Hehe no, trust me, I do exactly the same thing. Some people think it's cute and yeah some people don't. But if there's nothing you can do about it anyway don't let it hold you back. Anyway, you want someone you can click with don't you? They would find it funny.

ReputationRep:
    ...When I speak to her. Because, trust me, I tend to ramble on a lot when talking to friends or posting on these forums, lol. So please bear with me.

There's a girl at my sixth form who's moderately popular but very introverted and quiet. She works really hard in lessons and doesn't say very much during break times but she's not bullied or disliked by anyone (that I know of). She went to an AS finishing party the other day (and I did too) and she didn't get drunk like me or anybody else because she had to leave early. So you know, I hope I’m painting a picture here. She's not like intimidatingly hot to most other boys, but I think she's beautiful.

I used to be like her and I still am around strangers or when I'm alone or not with my friends. Maybe she's like me when she's alone with mates, I don't know. I only do one lesson with her but I wish I had more because I know we'd be perfect for each other and I just like talking to her but I always get tongue-tied because I never want to blurt out something stupid. We’re in the same lesson, but I don’t think she sees me as boyfriend material because we’re more like rivals in that lesson because we sit on opposite sides of the class, are the only ones getting As, she always takes notes, I don’t even get any stuff out, and everybody else in that class doesn’t turn up or isn’t great at the subject. Not trying to sound big headed but it’s true. I’m sure you TSR people probably have similar lessons.

I'm not sure if anybody remembers, but I posted a thread awhile ago about some moron that was annoys me:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...guy+is+a+moron
    lately this guy has been more of a suckup after I and my mates kept shooting him down (thanks for the advice TSR lol!!!) after he took snipes at me, but either way I just try to ignore him now.

Well, after this party, this moron and some other guy I've never met before were both texting this girl and those two were sitting right next to each other (everybody had woken up and gone away or to the kitchen at this point) and I was there with these two guys, half asleep on the floor.
    And these two guys were obviously in macho-man competition with each other. For example: (I remember this word for word),
    moron: oh wouldn't you like to know.."
    And then the other guy texted x about how moron got absolute smashed and passed out because he was so drunk (which he did). So, is it just me, or were they in competition with each other here? I don't know. would like your views. Sorry about the miniature soap opera there.

Can I just say what you just said is one of the sweetest things I have heard on The student room, you seem like a veryy nice person and if she rejects you she does not know what she is missing
    Hope everything goes well [and that is something]

(Original post by magiichands)
    Can I just say what you just said is one of the sweetest things I have heard on The student room, you seem like a veryy nice person and if she rejects you she does not know what she is missing
    Hope everything goes well [and that is something]

Thanks a lot. I'd like to talk to her in person more often though. I don't have her msn or number or anything like that. Shame really because it's a long time till I will see her again since it's the holidays and I think it's probably easier not saying something stupid if you've got time to think about what to say over a computer screen.

When I talked to my last girlfriend before asking her to the prom that helped a lot, although I got a lot of help from a mutual friend who knew I wanted to ask her to it as well which I don't have this time, so it'll be difficult I suppose :\. The mutual friend helped a lot by organising it so us two would be alone at one point during a day so I could ask her.

Plus there's no actual prom, or a way of really talking to her privately without taking her away sometime and I've never done anything like that before so that's going to be hard. But thanks for your comments anyway.

up

up

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.