Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

hey.. i get these extreme bloating..like my stomach sometimes seems like im 9 months. sometimes it hurts and my stomach gets so hard as a rock. i tried all sorts of different food to help mebut nothing seems to help????

ReputationRep:
    are you sure you aren't just fat?

ReputationRep:
    I get this, terrible in the mornings, every morning. Worse when I'm stressed. I've discovered that saturated fat sets it off, especially cooked cream like in a sauce or full fat/semi skimmed milk/cooked fat/lardy cake etc

yes im sure im not fat lol...

ReputationRep:
    Try fennel seeds or fennel tea.

Perhaps you have IBS? I found out my bloating resulted from this - regular exercise helps considerably, as well as avoiding certain 'triggers', such as stress, fatty foods, wheat etc. Peppermint capsules are also helpful.

ReputationRep:
    My doc suggested it was IBS I have - said I have to get rid of the stress and fatty food. OP sounds like a trip to the docs is in order

ReputationRep:
    I get this sometimes, mainly when I'm exercising. Really bloated and uncomfortable indigestion. Been going on for ages now. I tried calcium carbonate tabs- they didn't help but you might find they do. Or just got to the docs

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I get this Sometimes no matter what I eat or drink, sometimes it can be just water. Mostly milk, fruit and fizzy drinks (they KILL!?). I can look pregnant sometimes! What tablets do other people take for this cos nothing seems to work with me...

ReputationRep:
    Make a food and drink diary and note what you have in case certain things trigger it. I'd also suggest a trip to the docs.

ReputationRep:
    Yea I get bloated feelings sometimes, I have IBS and Coeilac Disease.
    Go see your GP they will be able to help you find out what's causing it.
    Hope you feel better soon

ReputationRep:
    My GP tested me for Wheat and glutein intolerance - thankfully I have neither, goes to show so many different things can cause it

ReputationRep:
    I used to get that all the time. I have IBS so have tablets for that now. But before I was diagnosed and I used to get the I had these tablets called Windease, they come in packs of 6, and they are proper tiny and bright green. Them along with hot water bottle gets rid of it!!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.