Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've tried alot of sports in my time, but currently it's MMA. This I think, as Michelle Waterson says 'Martial arts isn't just a sport, it's a way of life' but after one lesson I can definately tell you it's extremely exciting and a definate workout- I'm hoping it'll also increase confidence

Over to you guys.

ReputationRep:
    Athletics and cross country. It's just the thrill of the chase.

ReputationRep:
    Football, tennis, skiing, snowboarding, climbing, running, swimming, and I did used to enjoy fishing too.

Of those, I was was once good at tennis, skiing, snowboarding, climbing and swimming, and very good at football and running. Fishing was just a pass-time.

I now play football, tennis, snowboard, swim and sometimes climb, though it's been a while now.

:top:

ReputationRep:
    chess, I'm not even very good at it but it's the only sport, that I can think of, where no actual physicial exertion is required

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Athletics and cross country. It's just the thrill of the chase.
    Same as my boyfriend. You compete nationally/internationally? Most of the athletes I know are very into their sport.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The wierd one)
    chess, I'm not even very good at it but it's the only sport, that I can think of, where no actual physicial exertion is required
    brain exercise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djmarkmclachlan)
    Football, tennis, skiing, snowboarding, climbing, running, swimming, and I did used to enjoy fishing too.

Of those, I was was once good at tennis, skiing, snowboarding, climbing and swimming, and very good at football and running. Fishing was just a pass-time.

I now play football, tennis, snowboard, swim and sometimes climb, though it's been a while now.

:top:
    Wow, variety. Any particular reason?

ReputationRep:
    Football, American football. Very occaisonally badminton, tennis and table tennis.

ReputationRep:
    Cricket, idk I like the food I get at tea.

ReputationRep:
    Yoga.. ashtanga yoga to be precise. But like you said about martial arts, it's more than sports, it's a way of life. I love it how when I'm doing my routine I'm concentrating in me and my body and nothing else. It makes you feel so relaxed and strong.

I do like tennis and swimming too but they're not as special to me as yoga is.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ice skating

Haven't done it in a long time though; I moved to Coventry from Telford and, although we have the best hockey team in the country, the rink is never resurfaced and isn't smooth. It's a ***** to skate on! I don't get free skating here as well so I can't afford to

I'd love to try horse-riding, some of my mates did it. It's one of my 'things to do before I die'. I can't afford to right now, but when I move down south...

ReputationRep:
    football, cause it is the best

i sometimes run, or ride bmx, or play tennis or swim or something - but only in the hope that it will improve my footballing skills

ReputationRep:
    Rugby - Im less rubbish at it than the rest. Im also fairly big.

Although, for spectating, football.

ReputationRep:
    Cricket really, but I love playing tennis.

ReputationRep:
    Rhythmic gymnastics. Don't particularly know why, it's just one of the very few sports I've ever enjoyed playing. I'm going to miss my club when I'm away to uni.

I want to try something like snowboarding at some point. Knowing me I'll probably be awful but it looks great

ReputationRep:
    Rugby. Now that's a mans game. I've never come off a rugby field without a cut of some sort. But to be honest its not as dangerous as most people think. PLus it allow people of all shapes and sizes to be involved. Short and fat - prop or hooker, ridiculously tall and big - second row, really short - scrum half, well built - back (fly half, centre), slim and quick - winger or full back.

ReputationRep:
    Football:

- Nothing excites you more than a Champions League clash between 2 big teams.
    - A big derby game will always be talked about by everyone days, weeks even months before it happens.
    - Nothing gets people more patriotic about their country than the world cup(with the exception of the Olympics maybe but that's many sports).
    - Football transfers have to be one of the most talked about things in the summer.

However it has to be said that Skiing has to be the ultimate sport to actually "do".

American Football's alright too, I love watching the superbowl, but I'll still watch a Rugby game anyday of the week over men with pads acting like gorillas when they tackle someone.

Tennis, I always seem to end up watching Wimbledon and seeing Murray giving everyone 1000 excuses about why and how he lost.

Boxing, who doesn't watch the heavyweight fights these days?

Snooker, same as Wimbledon, I always seem to watch the it when it's at the crucible.

ReputationRep:
    Football, because it's immense, and I have started running, ran the London 10K two weeks back.

Fancy delving into a bit of Tennis, Rugby and MMA or perhaps Muay Thai and maybe Cricket, although I can imagine the ribbing I would get if I went to play cricket with near county mates!

Also fancy badminton, been a footballer most of the time, and really want to expand on that, gold is going to have to be taken up soon!!

ReputationRep:
    football, cross-country/athletics, sailing and table tennis!

ReputationRep:
    Cricket, a true gentleman's game :cool:
    Occasionally play some tennis.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.