Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    power boating
    rowing
    ice skating

ReputationRep:
    Cycling: speed is fun. Cycling has both aggression and grace, and there's no feeling quite like putting the power down and flying along.

Weightlifting: I find it incredibly satisfying because there are never excuses or other people involved - just you and the bar. If you get a new PB, you know there can be no doubt that you've become stronger and made progress. Also it's great for every other sport and makes me look nice.

ReputationRep:
    Korfball, because its not a huge sport so training is always fun and good laugh as its not taken to seriously but when it gets to gametime its as competitive as anything.
    Also an emphasis on speed, agility and ball-handling skills and a complete absence of any requirement for strength suits me down to the ground

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueLips)
    It's not about flexibility. Of course, you will get more flexible in the long run but you don't need to be super flexible when you start - I wasn't. It might seem a bit strange in the beginning but once you get into it you're hooked.
    Does seem like it takes alot to remember. I looked it up on youtube and I'd only be able do it if i watched it as I was doing it, some of those moves are complicated

ReputationRep:
    Guess

And other than the obvious one, I also enjoy a lot of cycling, I love going on 15+ mile bike rides on a sunny (or even rainy) day, its quite a thrill when you get speed and otherwise relaxing

ReputationRep:
    For playing - table tennis. Ranked nationally.

For watching - basically anything that isn't gymnastics or on horses.

ReputationRep:
    Lacrosse! Just love it and the position I play (centre)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by manx1991)
    Aw no It sucks when you can't do your sport...

Yer, horse riding's great, I did it when I was ten (what girl never wants to ride sometime in their life?) and loved trotting and walking, but teachers were strict... also didn't like being the oldest in the class because the teacher expected me to do everything! Stopped because I simply couldn't canter, but defo worth a try!
    I know. I had withdrawal symptoms for ages but now I have probably forgotten how to skate! My boots just look at me like a sad puppy

Yeah I used to want to do it really badly (especially cos lots of my mates had horses... I used to nab a ride now and then), but now I won't have a problem if I don't, but I would love to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nahro)
    Hehe, most ive got payed for a match was a fiver when i played in some skl match against our rivals and were offerd money as a reward for winning :P

Yeah i love sprinting its sooooo much fun, i ran for GB when i had loads of time but i was given the choice football or running so i picked footy Oh and im sure ur not useless no-one is useless, im sure u could train and become pretty quick

Squash my mates bugged me for couple of years before i picked a racket up in september of last year... by the end of november i was playing for the college squash and even had trials with the county its fast and u have to have stamina but its great exercise and its a nice social sport
    Haha, nahh, I'm definately no runner, especially a sprinter-maybe long distance eventually. But my boyfriend's an 800m runner, he's represented the Isle of Man at the Commonwealth Youth Games but not GB yet. What's your PB?

ReputationRep:
    thai boxing-best stand up

ReputationRep:
    Doing:
    Volleyball - have been playing it all summer.
    Swimming - used to swim in a pool regularly, now I just swim in the sea.
    Ice skating - without those tricks and that stuff, just skating on the ice
    Basketball - I haven't really played it, but last time I did i kind of liked it
    Weightlifting - can't wait to start lifting again

Watching:
    Ice hockey - biggest sport in my country, although we don't play it that well lol
    MMA - I'd love to train in MMA, I've tryed boxing - didn't fancy it much. Did Greco-Roman wrestling when I was a kid. I'd like to do some ancient secret martial art though. I do punch a wall with my gloves on sometimes, lol.
    American Football - I LOVE sports where you need strength.

ReputationRep:
    Rugby, MMA and GAA!

ReputationRep:
    Does seem like it takes alot to remember. I looked it up on youtube and I'd only be able do it if i watched it as I was doing it, some of those moves are complicated
    Well you start with the basics and then gradually learn more and more. It's surprisingly easy to learn the moves. It's best to start with taking a weekend course where you learn the basics and then either do it at home or at home and at yoga classes, which is what I do.

ReputationRep:
    Same as my boyfriend. You compete nationally/internationally? Most of the athletes I know are very into their sport.
    Heh no, I was #44 in the UK last year for XC, but not at the moment..

My favourite race on track is the 800m. I got 2:03.64 when I was 16, but I've never really been anywhere near it since. I really wanna go sub 2 at least once.

ReputationRep:
    fencing the only sport i have found to let all my aggresion out.
    and netball just cause i'm good at it :P

ReputationRep:
    Eating, because I'm fat and I love to eat teh Burgers.

ReputationRep:
    Muay Thai, Taekwondo, Running and Triathlon

ReputationRep:
    weightlifting, it's very satisfying to lift heavier and heavier weights over time
    tennis, it's just really fun
    taekwondo because I like sparring

ReputationRep:
    Shotokan karate =]
    I love getting so deep into it when you're training, just consciously bettering yourself all the time, making sure technique is perfect, making sure your kata is awesome, conditioning your body so that it does everything the way you want. The whole 'way of life' thing that the OP said is so true. I love it so much =] and I LOVE the JKAs chief instructor, I've trained with him so many times, he really is my karate inspiration, when I train I have him in mind, he is amazing

ReputationRep:

No-gi sub wrestling

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.