Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    basketball!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Used to do football, hockey and netball - but i've had to give them up due to injury. Although, I am trying to find a sport that's high energy and wrist friendly :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manx1991)
    Haha, nahh, I'm definitely no runner, especially a sprinter-maybe long distance eventually. But my boyfriend's an 800m runner, he's represented the Isle of Man at the Commonwealth Youth Games but not GB yet. What's your PB?

hehe, well i havnt run for GB for a couple of years but when i was 14 i ran 200m in 24.41secs... and at the age of 15 i was running it in 23.60secs... i got a call last month saying the 15yr old kid they got running now cant break 24secs so i must of done something rite... i just love my skl records... ive got year9 and 10 records but i didnt run in yr11... thou my year 9 record is faster than any kids ran in yr11 :P (sry i like to boast about my speed sry)

ReputationRep:
    2nd dan tae kwon do ... why? because i love to spare and it is a way of life !

ReputationRep:
    rugby. i just seem to be over the moon when am on the pitch getting tackled or hitting someone.

ReputationRep:
    X Country Running - I am good at it and like the buzz
    Football - I played it for ages and like it
    Gym - Gets a nice body as a result and is something to do

ReputationRep:
    I've tried alot of sports in my time, but currently it's MMA. This I think, as Michelle Waterson says 'Martial arts isn't just a sport, it's a way of life' but after one lesson I can definitely tell you it's extremely exciting and a definate workout- I'm hoping it'll also increase confidence

Over to you guys.
    :ditto: tho taekwondo for me

ReputationRep:
    Hockey, badminton, little bits of cycling, table tennis, weightlifting, tennis, swimming, running, squash, volleyball.
    Will play a bit of anything.

ReputationRep:
    Gymnastics - people get freaked out by my flexibility...but hey, the boyfriend ain't complaining XD

ReputationRep:
    It's mainly climbing for me, but i kayak as well. The reason why is because it's a way of life, and it keeps me healthy.

ReputationRep:
    For me it's mainly tennis that I play a lot, but also I love basketball, badminton and table tennis.

I'm not bad at sprints either but I've never liked it that much... too much effort

ReputationRep:
    Im pretty good at wii sports
    the only sport i am actually average at is badmington which is hardly a sport but i love to smash the birdie at my opponents faces, making contact, drawing blood etc

ReputationRep:
    Field Hockey, cross country running, snowboarding and skiing!!!

Why = because they make me happy,you meet a hell of a lot of people, make fantastic mates, keeps me fit, and I get to go on holidays with them....(must not forget the trophy cabinet filling up, and my name spread around the news papers :p:)

I bum sports...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nahro)
    hehe, well i havnt run for GB for a couple of years but when i was 14 i ran 200m in 24.41secs... and at the age of 15 i was running it in 23.60secs... i got a call last month saying the 15yr old kid they got running now cant break 24secs so i must of done something rite... i just love my skl records... ive got year9 and 10 records but i didnt run in yr11... thou my year 9 record is faster than any kids ran in yr11 :P (sry i like to boast about my speed sry)
    If youre good why not :p:
    try and get into the GB olympic team for 2012, that's my goal atm :yes: and I might see you there....hehehe

(we can all dream)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The wierd one)
    chess, I'm not even very good at it but it's the only sport, that I can think of, where no actual physicial exertion is required
    I'm not sure if your post is slightly tongue-in-cheek, but I used to be part of a chessclub, for years, and think it's one of the most amazing ways of spending time, other than drinking/ getting laid (though I have been known to mix chess with drinking... but never getting laid " Knight to C3!!!" ). Haven't played properly in a good while now, think I'll have to crack out the board and get chessing it up - tomorrow, or the next day.

:top:

Wow, variety. Any particular reason?
    Got pushed into them as a kid, and glad I was. I haven't owned a TV (nor watched a complete TV show) for... I'd say about 5/6 years. I'm also not a fan of playing computer games (I was brought up where it was the geeks who say in playing computer games, and I was busy down the racquet club, or wherever).

Variety: I'll try any sport (OK, most), and those are the ones which I've been particularly keen on once giving them a go. Tennis and skiing/ snowboarding are my favourites without doubt; truly exceptional ways of spending ones time.

:top:

Octopush. Haven't done it for ages but I'm determined to get back into it when I move to Oxford. I love it because its fun, I love playing around in water making it more appealing than just swimming and it provides an amazing workout.

ReputationRep:
    Cricket, Football, Boxing, Sprinting = fitness. Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Tae Kwon Do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    If youre good why not :p:
    try and get into the GB olympic team for 2012, that's my goal atm :yes: and I might see you there....hehehe

(we can all dream)

Hehe, indeed we can... im hoping that when i go off to uni i can get back into the athletics you never know we mite just get lucky
    and well only one expression for that :woo:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Football, because I am quite good at it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.