Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    basketball!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Used to do football, hockey and netball - but i've had to give them up due to injury. Although, I am trying to find a sport that's high energy and wrist friendly :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manx1991)
    Haha, nahh, I'm definitely no runner, especially a sprinter-maybe long distance eventually. But my boyfriend's an 800m runner, he's represented the Isle of Man at the Commonwealth Youth Games but not GB yet. What's your PB?

hehe, well i havnt run for GB for a couple of years but when i was 14 i ran 200m in 24.41secs... and at the age of 15 i was running it in 23.60secs... i got a call last month saying the 15yr old kid they got running now cant break 24secs so i must of done something rite... i just love my skl records... ive got year9 and 10 records but i didnt run in yr11... thou my year 9 record is faster than any kids ran in yr11 :P (sry i like to boast about my speed sry)

ReputationRep:
    2nd dan tae kwon do ... why? because i love to spare and it is a way of life !

ReputationRep:
    rugby. i just seem to be over the moon when am on the pitch getting tackled or hitting someone.

ReputationRep:
    X Country Running - I am good at it and like the buzz
    Football - I played it for ages and like it
    Gym - Gets a nice body as a result and is something to do

ReputationRep:
    I've tried alot of sports in my time, but currently it's MMA. This I think, as Michelle Waterson says 'Martial arts isn't just a sport, it's a way of life' but after one lesson I can definitely tell you it's extremely exciting and a definate workout- I'm hoping it'll also increase confidence

Over to you guys.
    :ditto: tho taekwondo for me

ReputationRep:
    Hockey, badminton, little bits of cycling, table tennis, weightlifting, tennis, swimming, running, squash, volleyball.
    Will play a bit of anything.

ReputationRep:
    Gymnastics - people get freaked out by my flexibility...but hey, the boyfriend ain't complaining XD

ReputationRep:
    It's mainly climbing for me, but i kayak as well. The reason why is because it's a way of life, and it keeps me healthy.

ReputationRep:
    For me it's mainly tennis that I play a lot, but also I love basketball, badminton and table tennis.

I'm not bad at sprints either but I've never liked it that much... too much effort

ReputationRep:
    Im pretty good at wii sports
    the only sport i am actually average at is badmington which is hardly a sport but i love to smash the birdie at my opponents faces, making contact, drawing blood etc

ReputationRep:
    Field Hockey, cross country running, snowboarding and skiing!!!

Why = because they make me happy,you meet a hell of a lot of people, make fantastic mates, keeps me fit, and I get to go on holidays with them....(must not forget the trophy cabinet filling up, and my name spread around the news papers :p:)

I bum sports...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nahro)
    hehe, well i havnt run for GB for a couple of years but when i was 14 i ran 200m in 24.41secs... and at the age of 15 i was running it in 23.60secs... i got a call last month saying the 15yr old kid they got running now cant break 24secs so i must of done something rite... i just love my skl records... ive got year9 and 10 records but i didnt run in yr11... thou my year 9 record is faster than any kids ran in yr11 :P (sry i like to boast about my speed sry)
    If youre good why not :p:
    try and get into the GB olympic team for 2012, that's my goal atm :yes: and I might see you there....hehehe

(we can all dream)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The wierd one)
    chess, I'm not even very good at it but it's the only sport, that I can think of, where no actual physicial exertion is required
    I'm not sure if your post is slightly tongue-in-cheek, but I used to be part of a chessclub, for years, and think it's one of the most amazing ways of spending time, other than drinking/ getting laid (though I have been known to mix chess with drinking... but never getting laid " Knight to C3!!!" ). Haven't played properly in a good while now, think I'll have to crack out the board and get chessing it up - tomorrow, or the next day.

:top:

Wow, variety. Any particular reason?
    Got pushed into them as a kid, and glad I was. I haven't owned a TV (nor watched a complete TV show) for... I'd say about 5/6 years. I'm also not a fan of playing computer games (I was brought up where it was the geeks who say in playing computer games, and I was busy down the racquet club, or wherever).

Variety: I'll try any sport (OK, most), and those are the ones which I've been particularly keen on once giving them a go. Tennis and skiing/ snowboarding are my favourites without doubt; truly exceptional ways of spending ones time.

:top:

Octopush. Haven't done it for ages but I'm determined to get back into it when I move to Oxford. I love it because its fun, I love playing around in water making it more appealing than just swimming and it provides an amazing workout.

ReputationRep:
    Cricket, Football, Boxing, Sprinting = fitness. Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Tae Kwon Do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    If youre good why not :p:
    try and get into the GB olympic team for 2012, that's my goal atm :yes: and I might see you there....hehehe

(we can all dream)

Hehe, indeed we can... im hoping that when i go off to uni i can get back into the athletics you never know we mite just get lucky
    and well only one expression for that :woo:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Football, because I am quite good at it.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.