Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Gaelic football, much more than 'soccer'. Mainly because, gaelic football is where I'm from, soccer is who I follow!

ReputationRep:
    I play :
    Basketball
    Hockey
    Rounders

but my sport is ULTIMATE FRISBEE !!!

It's all about the team, you can't win it on your own, but you need the speed, the agility and the disc skills to get that point.

Love it !!

ReputationRep:
    Squash and Golf becuase im good at them.
    Sport climbing, bouldering, canoeing, cricket, snowboarding and fell-running because I enjoy them.

ReputationRep:
    I like skiing and squash, but I can't afford either. At University it'll be aeroball - tried it once and have wanted to do it ever since.

ReputationRep:
    football football and football just cuz its an amazin sport and u cn play it anywer also im gud at it:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happydinosaur)
    Octopush. Haven't done it for ages but I'm determined to get back into it when I move to Oxford. I love it because its fun, I love playing around in water making it more appealing than just swimming and it provides an amazing workout.
    What is that? Never heard of it.

How has no one mentioned rowing yet?

Definitely my sport, once my left knee dislocated a few too many times and I had to quit athletics .

Why? It's...beautiful. A true strength/endurance sport (it's not cardio :mad:) that also requires balance and elegance and lends itself to my long lean body.
    And when everyone is moving in the exact same way and pushing with every ounce of their being, and the sun is shining and the river is stretching out in front of you...beautiful :love:.
    ARGH I absolutely love love love this sport. Was devastated after athletics was over but every cloud has a silver lining.

ReputationRep:
    Cycling (specifically road). One of the most graceful and aggressive sports in the world. it requires complete fitness and mental agility. You can do virtually no effort or you can black out.
    And best of all it's available to virtually everybody.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Katie*)

Definitely my sport, once my left knee dislocated a few too many times and I had to quit athletics .

Why? It's...beautiful. A true strength/endurance sport (it's not cardio :mad:) that also requires balance and elegance and lends itself to my long lean body.
    And when everyone is moving in the exact same way and pushing with every ounce of their being, and the sun is shining and the river is stretching out in front of you...beautiful :love:.
    ARGH I absolutely love love love this sport. Was devastated after athletics was over but every cloud has a silver lining.
    That's similar to a friend of mine - she was a middle distance runner but had repeated problems with shin splints and then a bike injury which stopped her running for quite a while but now she's been rowing for a couple of years pretty competetively.

I know there are a few rowers about on the forum (Keith Lemon is particularly good, as I recall). I would probably still be rowing myself if I hadn't got back injuries but after time off I realise I'm not built for it at all (too short, badly proportioned) and there are plenty of other sports I enjoy that I can do better at. Still, I'll always be fond of rowing for being the thing that made me look at sports from a more serious perspective - training consistently to improve instead of just turning up now and then to have some fun.

ReputationRep:
    Mainly cycling, and badminton. From time to time, rugby

Oh yeah, not forgetting air hockey - I get really into it lol

ReputationRep:
    Athletics
    but none of this running rubbish!
    Hammer throw all the way!

and then I like to watch football and rugby, but I'm not to good at playing them

ReputationRep:
    Ive raced Motocross at a National/European Level since about the age of 5 (Now 17). I love to go Ice Skating, And used to play football for a team.. But love a good kick'a'bout!

(Original post by *Katie*)

Why? It's...beautiful. A true strength/endurance sport (it's not cardio ) that also requires balance and elegance and lends itself to my long lean body.
    And when everyone is moving in the exact same way and pushing with every ounce of their being, and the sun is shining and the river is stretching out in front of you...beautiful .
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underwater_hockey It's quite scary at first but its fun too.

ReputationRep:
    Football! Played it since I was very young, probably 7/8, so about 12/13 years. I like the competitive side of it and the fun side of it. Being quite good at it helps too

ReputationRep:
    Rugby union and league, prefer union though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5X2KMnZ_1s

ReputationRep:
    Sex and the occasional walk to the bus stop. Because I'm good at both :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Capoeria - I find it fun, it helps to keep me fit.
    Jiu Jitsu - Self defence, and discipline.
    Cycling - Commuting, it's fun and it's a method of relaxing.

ReputationRep:
    is poker a sport if so count me in

also football gotta love a good football match, defense is my position

ReputationRep:
    Kickboxing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Heh no, I was #44 in the UK last year for XC, but not at the moment..

My favourite race on track is the 800m. I got 2:03.64 when I was 16, but I've never really been anywhere near it since. I really wanna go sub 2 at least once.
    Wow, when my boyfriend was 16 he did 2.01.01, within a year he's 1.55 so it is possible- then again his life is me and training really so guess it is commitment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nahro)
    hehe, well i havnt run for GB for a couple of years but when i was 14 i ran 200m in 24.41secs... and at the age of 15 i was running it in 23.60secs... i got a call last month saying the 15yr old kid they got running now cant break 24secs so i must of done something rite... i just love my skl records... ive got year9 and 10 records but i didnt run in yr11... thou my year 9 record is faster than any kids ran in yr11 :P (sry i like to boast about my speed sry)

Haha don't worry, my boyfriend has the majority of the school running records for year 9, 10 and 11, and he loves the fact they've been nowhere near beaten yet. He's also got the island junior 800m record, so yer, I'm used to the boasting I can't wait til I can actually have something decent to boast to him about lol.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.