Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manx1991)
    I used to do fencing, had to stop because there wasn't enough people to fund the hall we were using which sucked, only got as far as the foil.
    Yeah, my club does a beginner's course and thats quite popular but we don't get many joining after it when they've realised its not like in films :rolleyes: But fencing is basically my life I'm ill at the moment and can't train which really sucks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stratocaster)
    Ultimate frisbee

(Yeah, it sounds hugely gay, but at a high enough level it's hugely intense. You can't knock it till you've tried it properly. I never get anywhere near as knackered when I play other sports. If you stop moving, your team looses, end of.)
    What team do you play for?? Are you at uni level or just sixth form level ?? I am in Lower Sixth and play for my school team Flux and represent Great Britain at Junior Womens level:woo:

ReputationRep:
    My favorite sport is ultimate (frisbee,) It is the most fun you can have in a sport and there is alot more opportunity to play about, it isn't all about the winning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scienta potestas est)
    What team do you play for?? Are you at uni level or just sixth form level ?? I am in Lower Sixth and play for my school team Flux and represent Great Britain at Junior Womens level:woo:
    I did play for my 6th form team, but I've just finished there. Now, I just train sometimes with the Newcastle Brown open team, which have some of the Newcastle and Durham players there too. I would kill to get trials or whatever for the UK Junior teams, but I'm not sure how to go about it, and it's obviously an awkward time of year to be looking at it now. :/ Will definetely be playing as much as physically possible at uni.

Was playing at the Durham Hat tournament last month. Bloody brilliant!

Where's Flux based?

ReputationRep:
    Awww brilliant, yeh the Junior teams are great fun, the girls team played at tour 2 brighton and tour 1 in london this year ...was so fun and you get to meet loads of people, GB are off to Vienna next monday for the European Championships which should be good, i cannot wait for Uni level though, so many more opportunities to play !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slumpy)
    What's your record?
    I've never tried, so the most I'll have done is like 400g, I suspect you could manage quite a bit?
    I have eaten a kg of chedder on crakers while watching a film, not exactly a scientific method of measurment I grant you, but the event itself was fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    I have eaten a kg of chedder on crakers while watching a film, not exactly a scientific method of measurment I grant you, but the event itself was fun!
    That's pretty impressive..something like 2k calories in a kilo of cheddar?:p:
    I'm not sure I'd manage much beyond 500g, but one day I'll see if I can match that achievement!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slumpy)
    That's pretty impressive..something like 2k calories in a kilo of cheddar?:p:
    More like 4500kcal. Nice work PL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    More like 4500kcal. Nice work PL!
    Oh of course, I think I was vaguely recalling 100g values for a 250g block...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.