Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was just going through old threads about TV licensing and decided to check the Digital TV coverage for SY23 3AN (a Cwrt Mawr postcode) and was told that there is no Aerial (DVB-T) coverage.

So then I checked when Aber will be switching OFF analogue TV.
    On the 10th of February 2010, BBC 2 will be switched off.
    Then on the 10th of March 2010, all other analogue channels are to be switched off.*

Does anyone know more about whether we can still watch TV?

*based on the Blaenplwyf transmitter, if you want to check this.
    The switchover page is http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/postcodec...AN/Cwrt+Mawr/0

ReputationRep:
    Ah, now I've checked again, and the DVB-T signal is good, with 47 channels supposedly available.

Dunno how I ****** up. Panic over. Switchover dates are useful, though.

See http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/postcodec...AN/Cwrt+Mawr/0

ReputationRep:
    Most people I knew in halls got Freeview fine through an indoors aerial, but wait until you get there to pay for your license, just to make sure it's ok!

ReputationRep:
    In town last year i got most freeview channels fine, some were a bit tempremental, but you just move the aerial a bit and it was fine afterwards

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.