Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

do u think ill lose weight , eating this much Watch

ReputationRep:
    today ive had
    small bowl of cereal, one slice of toast with healthy margarine.
    tomoto soup homemmade, one slice of brown bread.
    lettuce and grated carrot with white wine vinegar and olive oil
    chicken wrap and abit of salami on bread.
    bear in mind, its only 5:43

now i dont wanna eat anythin for the rest of the day because i think ive already eaten enough and if i eat more i wont lose weight. ive done a tiny bit of exercise, like 15 mins at the gym and only a few lenghs swimming, but i felt starving afterwards. now im just sittin around watching telly and on the computer.

do you think im gonna lose weight if i sit around alot and just walk round the shops with this diet?

also bear in mind im not really overweight, so it might be harder to lose weight. i just wanna lose a few pounds because im bit chuppy on the hips and bum

ReputationRep:
    You may do, but unless you get on a decent exercise regime it's very likely that the weight you do lose will be muscle and tissue rather than fat, which will mean you'll end up looking fatter.

ReputationRep:
    if i do exercise though it makes me like mad hungry, like i cant stop eating afterwards
    ill try and do abit though

ReputationRep:
    15 minutes at the gym?!
    Get your arse back over there.

I sincerely doubt that you are so hungry you can't stop eating after going to the gym. Exercise does make your metabolism speed up directly afterwards, so don't worry.

And you're not getting enough nutrients at all. From what I can see, there is only one portion of your recommended five a day. Your diet is really carbohydrate heavy, but not the good kind that keeps you filled up. Faaar too much white bread, and bread in general. I would recommend:

ditch cereal for porridge
    ditch toast for fruit & nuts
    if you want soup, replace tomato with green vegetable soup - broccoli, spinach, etc.
    I'm not sure what the lettuce was for but replace with dark greens - fresh spinach leaves work well.
    No wraps - opt for a wholewheat pitta if you have to.

There is no way anyone can know what kind of portions that food amounts to, so I would say just work on getting it healthy and upping your protein content from beans/lean meat and getting some good fats - nuts/avocado/oily fish and that will really help you to feel more full which will help with weight loss, and it'll make you so much healthier.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.