The Student Room Group

Does Love EXPIRE?

it seems like everyones getting divorced...

if half of people are getting divorced

then the other half must be miserable

or just not reached that stage yet

does love expire

i think every blow to your relationship

every unsolved fight

every word of hurt

slowly kills the love

if you look at love as a meter..

your views..:smile:

p.s i did love my bf but ive also loved every long term bf ever since ?! (3)

Scroll to see replies

Everything has an expiry date my humble friend
the most important thing is to check the sell-by date. If it turns sour, spit it out!
Reply 3
Yep, always check the expiry date on the right cheek of the guys ass...you have to look really close though.
Love isn't about counting up how many times your significant other has pissed you off. I wouldn't call that love, I'd call that liking someone a lot until they do things you don't like.

No, I don't think real love has an expiration date. It just depends on whether or not you are the type of person who is willing to compromise and make it work.

My parents have been happily married for 22 years, and I can count on 2 hands the number of times I've seen them fight. Are they both perfect people and perfect spouses? Far from it. Do they sometimes piss each other off? Yes. But they recognize that marriage is made for life, and they are family now, and they have kids who need stable parents. They make it work, and they remind each other that they love each other every day.

Marriage isn't all lovey-dovey romance novels. It's hard, it takes work, and sometimes you'll be unsatisfied. But it's worth it in the long-run, I think.
Reply 5
amandacalifornia
Love isn't about counting up how many times your significant other has pissed you off. I wouldn't call that love, I'd call that liking someone a lot until they do things you don't like.

No, I don't think real love has an expiration date. It just depends on whether or not you are the type of person who is willing to compromise and make it work.

My parents have been happily married for 22 years, and I can count on 2 hands the number of times I've seen them fight. Are they both perfect people and perfect spouses? Far from it. Do they sometimes piss each other off? Yes. But they recognize that marriage is made for life, and they are family now, and they have kids who need stable parents. They make it work, and they remind each other that they love each other every day.

Marriage isn't all lovey-dovey romance novels. It's hard, it takes work, and sometimes you'll be unsatisfied. But it's worth it in the long-run, I think.

You talk about this stuff like you read it in a book or as if it's some form of document?

Course love doesn't "expire" it's not a contract or something, it's simple, some people just fall out of love or lose interest, isn't destined to happen. It's like anything in life, you can be the happiest person in the world but then something clicks or happens that dents that and it all goes.

So no love don't expire
zKlown
You talk about this stuff like you read it in a book or as if it's some form of document?

I'm not sure what you mean by that? I'm only 20 and I admit I don't have a lot of experience with this, but right now, that's my honest opinion.
Dodo XD
Yep, always check the expiry date on the right cheek of the guys ass...you have to look really close though.

yeahh. right next to the barcode saying how much he's worth
Reply 8
Love doesnt expire, its just that over time people change or become bored with each other. Which begs the question as to if they were ever suited in the first place.
Reply 9
I don't think it ever goes away as such. It's always there as a reminder, even if you're not with that person, even if you broke it off... there can always still be love.
If you love someone..then that love can never expire. You can stop being in love with someone...but i think you'll always love them no matter what.
Anonymous
Everything has an expiry date my humble friend

This.
Even life.
Reply 12
aspiration
ahhah why

Why not? :awesome:
Reply 13
Yes, did you check the 'best before' label?
Reply 14
Not if you remember to renew it.
Yah, totally, even quicker if you get it from the reduced section because there ain't any other good offers around :wink:
Reply 16
thanx some good and some slly answers!
Reply 17
i was in love but we broke up a few weeks ago it got so bad we argued everyday about the most stupidest things. i still love him i think i dunno argh im trying to move on though lol =D
love is like milk make the most of it before it turns sour.
Reply 19
oxytocin is the 'love hormone'

makes good feelings when you see someone you 'love' but over time your body cannot continue making it as much = the sense and feeling of love falls

Latest

Trending

Trending