Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GIRLS: do you ever avoid a man because.. watch

ReputationRep:
    you think he will leave you
    after you are pregnant
    with his child

ive heard of stories of men leaving their wives after childbirth because they couldnt look at her in a "sexual" way again (something i know i could never let my man see--as he told me its right)

ReputationRep:
    I don't really get what you mean about avoiding them? Surely you can't avoid your boyfriend/husband forever :p:

As for the second bit, I would be very worried about that, yes. The dynamics of a relationship can change drastically after you've had a child together, either for the better or for the worse.

Your ''man'' sounds like a bit of a pleb for being so blunt and uncaring though.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    No, I don't generally go for men like that.

ReputationRep:
    Men like that are morons.

ReputationRep:
    Well if hes like that then hes a complete tosser. Besides, I dont plan to have children till Im in my 30's and I think men in their 30's are a bit more mature..

ReputationRep:
    i know of someone's mum who this happened to - he said he couldn't look at her anymore because of the whole process. what a prick! I guess it might be an ugly process though.. but wouldn't they want to be there for the girl in all the pain? maybe im thinking about this a bit too much. i better stop. but yes i think i would avoid a shallow man like that, or who had a suspicious quality like that

or just make them wait outside whilst u press baby out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiration)
    after you are pregnant
    with his child

ive heard of stories of men leaving their wives after childbirth because they couldnt look at her in a "sexual" way again (something i know i could never let my man see--as he told me its right)
    your man is an idiot, get rid of him before he breaks your heart

Um... how would you know before it happened unless they were an obvious loser and/or deadbeat (in which case there'd be plenty of other reasons to avoid)?

ReputationRep:
    It's very unpredictable so it's pointless avoiding them, as some men say that and when the women is actually pregnant, the release of certain hormones and all this, makes the woman irresistible! E.G my mum told me this about my dad.

ReputationRep:
    after you are pregnant
    with his child

well it didn't bother him when he was getting it on with her to get her into that state though did it. and noo i would tend to avoid these type of men, either that or just not let them watch the birth.

ReputationRep:
    after you are pregnant
    with his child

... no. That's a really weird reason to not go on a date with someone. But I guess you're kind of right, since I only want to marry and have a child with someone who loves me for more than how hot they think I look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    I don't really get what you mean about avoiding them? Surely you can't avoid your boyfriend/husband forever :p:

As for the second bit, I would be very worried about that, yes. The dynamics of a relationship can change drastically after you've had a child together, either for the better or for the worse.

Your ''man'' sounds like a bit of a pleb for being so blunt and uncaring though.
    so we're plebs if we're blunt and we're plebs if we beat around the bush? how can any relationship ever succeed? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelG)
    so we're plebs if we're blunt and we're plebs if we beat around the bush? how can any relationship ever succeed? :p:
    You can't. Better to accept it now

In the situation he could have been a little more tactful, not beating around the bush, but not being like ''Omgz I'm never going to want to have sex with you from after you've had a baby because you'll be just a mother then, not the little sex pot I used to love.'' :p: There's a happy medium.

ReputationRep:
    I wont need to avoid any man like that because i wont go for a man like that .. EVER, and if i marry who i want to, well i know fo sure he wont =)

ReputationRep:
    If I thought someone would get me pregnant and then leave me then of course I'd avoid them. Who wouldn't?

ReputationRep:
    I've never understood this fear.

ReputationRep:
    after you are pregnant
    with his child

Yes, and then we try to ruin his life by planting grass seeds in his carpet

ReputationRep:
    You can't. Better to accept it now

In the situation he could have been a little more tactful, not beating around the bush, but not being like ''Omgz I'm never going to want to have sex with you from after you've had a baby because you'll be just a mother then, not the little sex pot I used to love.'' :p: There's a happy medium.
    I think the only way men can have a happy relationship with a woman thinking about having children is to literally not speak, at all, ever, under any circumstances. male opinions are not allowed :naughty: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelG)
    I think the only way men can have a happy relationship with a woman thinking about having children is to literally not speak, at all, ever, under any circumstances. male opinions are not allowed :naughty: :p:
    It's awesome that you've already realised this, you sound like a totally fabulous catch :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    It's awesome that you've already realised this, you sound like a totally fabulous catch :awesome:
    i think i need to regain some man points

beer
    boobs
    footie with the ladz

oh yeah, back to being a certified badass :spank:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.