The Student Room Group

Question.

Having recently spoken to a friend, who I hadn't been in contact with in a long time, I told her that I came close to acquiring a large amount of money to which she responded, "If you had, you'd take me to dinner, wouldn't you?"

I'm not sure whether I'm meant to see this as a hint of some sort or not. It doesn't seem obvious to me because we've been friends for a long time and she's always been really friendly, concerned about my welfare etc.

What does it look like to you, TSR?
Reply 1
it looks like she is hungry.
Reply 2
It's a joke, often used when people here of you acquiring a large amount of money. Eg 'if you had, you'd buy me a house, wouldn't you?' Don't think anything of it.
Reply 3
She's a golddigger
it looks like she's being a normal friendly mate, asking for a spot of lunch doesn't mean she's in pursuit of your vast fortune, by the way how much?
Reply 5
Thanks for the responses.

In response to the amount: Several million.
oh wow
It's a joke, often used when people here of you acquiring a large amount of money. Eg 'if you had, you'd buy me a house, wouldn't you?' Don't think anything of it.

this.
I think it was a joke, obviously you said you had come close to getting the money you didnt get it. It was meant in a light hearted manner im sure.
Reply 8
Anonymous
Thanks for the responses.

In response to the amount: Several million.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Reply 9
I don't think it meant anything. But by all means ask to take her out for dinner if you like her..
Reply 10
Sounds like something I'd say, and I'd mean it as a light-hearted joke. Take no notice :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending