Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I started going out with this guy about 2 weeks ago and id been 'seeing' him for a couple of weeks before that.

He's really nice. He payed for the cinema on our first date, he lives 2 buses away and he always pays to get them both to my house so I don't have to.

Before we went out I found him attractive and i did have feelings for him.

But now theres just nothing, he's a nice guy and I could do a lot worse and I really wish there was something there.

I dont know what to do, he's going away for two weeks soon and he keeps saying how much he misses me and i have lie and say il miss him too.

We've also got a lot of mutual friends and I've had the whole "you better treat him right talk"

I dont know what to do. I can't even be bothered talking to him sometimes

Im scared that I havent given it enough time or that I'll lose mutual friends if I end it.

I'm also worried that I'm setting the bar too high and I should just wait and give it time and some feelings will come eventually.

Arghhh please help me!

ReputationRep:
    Do him a favour and bin him, he obviously like you more than you like him. Keeping him in a dead end relationship isnt going to work.

ReputationRep:
    You need to break up with him. By the sounds of it these so called friends of yours, mutual or not, should butt out and be friends not mothers! You could end up hurting this guy and he does sound really lovely. You can't help who you fall for, or who you don't fall for. Don't blame yourself for not liking him in that way, it's no-one's fault. I'd say you need to do the right thing and end it, just be as nice as possible.

Hope I helped

Mxxx

ReputationRep:
    Don't waste your and his time. Better to let him know now.

ReputationRep:
    Don't mess him around. Be honest and don't mash words. You'll hurt him really badly if you think "Oh I'll just give it a few more weeks to see if it gets better"

ReputationRep:
    Feelings aren't always there. If they are there, they are there. sometimes the chemistry is just not right and not much can be done about it.

Been there, done that. I had a girlfriend in the past who was, looking back on it, pretty much the perfect GF. Everything you've described and more. However for some reason I just kept wishing there was something more.

I dont know what to do. I can't even be bothered talking to him sometimes

Sounds so familiar, I know exactly how you feel. Maybe it was a combination of taking her for granted or just apathy.

Anyway, in the ended I decided to end the relationship as it wasnt fair on her and I did still like her as a good friend. She went off and found a new boyfriend within a couple of months who is, from the sounds of it, 10x better then I ever was and actually deserves her.

Sometimes I do look back and wonder 'what if id given it a bit longer and had seen what could have been'. But thats your choice to made.

hmmm this is hard :/

thanks btw you've all really helped,

im so stuck because sometimes i do like him ... like right now i actually am missing him,

and i was in this same situation back in january with another guy, and he really was just perfect in every way. but i told him how i felt (or didnt feel) staright away and we were never actually a couple, but i still think about him now and wonder if anything else could have come from it :/

so because of that experience ^ it makes me think that it really is just me with the problem and i need to give it time

:/

ReputationRep:
    If you're not really sure about him, and say you don't really feel anything, then maybe it's not right for you and him to be together? He sounds like he obviously likes you a lot, and if you don't feel like that then really it's better to tell him now when it's so early into the relationship, instead of stringing it along longer when it will inevitably get longer to tell him how you really feel.

But in the end it's your choice, and in the end all the best in whatever you decide to do

ReputationRep:
    well obviously, no chemistry.
    walk away.

Well why don't you just tell him how you feel.

Tell him you feel there needs to be something else in your relationship. After all, you two are going out, you should be pretty close, what wtf happened to communicaton?

ReputationRep:
    give it a bit more time then if you do like him :confused:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.