Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just saw a thread about make up and it got me thinking.

Do girls and boys think man could do with a touch of make up, on special occasions, this might sound weird but I do think most of us(man) will look better with a liitle makeup:rolleyes: , that's just my opinion and for the record, I don't use any make up....:yes:

Might add a poll to this......:yes:

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen a man with anything but eye-make up in real life, so I don't know. They can only get hotter I guess :dontknow:

I wouldn't care to be honest, as long as it looked natural.

ReputationRep:
    i don't know, i suppose a little bit of make-up couldn't hurt? but im a girl and i hardly wear much, would be weird if i found a guy who wore more than i did!

ReputationRep:
    I suppose looking at the world we live in if some man (or boys), show a touch of feminism (caring or emotional), they will be picked out and bullied so I suppose their is like an unspoken taboo when it comes to man and makeup.

Just that I am sure all the people in films wear makeup and they are not all penalised......

or are they....

ReputationRep:
    I think makeup can look great on guys. Why should girls have all the fun? I know some people find it weird, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest if men want to wear a little concealer, or even a full face.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't blame men for wanting to cover up spots as much as girls do :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    A guy who wears make up is treading a fine line between wanting to look good for the girls and showing 'un-manly' physical insecurities ?

ReputationRep:
    If a guy is using it to cover up marks such as acne and it makes it's skin look better then I don't see the problem with that. It's when a guy starts wearing it just for the sake of it you have to start worrying.

ReputationRep:
    Men in concealer and foundation = a no go for me, personally. Unless, he's an actor or presenter or something.
    A bit of eyeliner is wonderfully sexy on the right man though.

His eye makeup :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I think foundation and mascara are a no go area. But I dont see anything wrong with concealor, trying to hide a few spots.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, makeup makes a girl look worse - so no.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.