Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Too insecure to accept someone likes me Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been in EXACTLY the same situation. Too insecure at the time to accept a certain guy could like me, or like me for a sustained amount of time. Even after more than a month I still wasn't convinced, and like you, when he would simply act normal and not as overly flirty as he sometimes could be, i'd think "omg, he doesn't like me anymore, it's over", when in reality he clearly can't be 24/7 crazy flirty right.
    So unless he's found out something about you, I'm sure he still likes you. But make sure you somehow show him you still like him too. Like someone said, guys will get bored of the 'chase' if it drags on for too long and gets tedious without any sign of a 'victory'. Because of my whole erratic, nonchalent behaviour, that's exactly how I ruined it, despite the fact this guy did actually like me. You just gotta switch your mindset to realising that unless the situation changes differently (e.g. you do something crazy, or he finds someone else) that he probably still likes you.. Just like how you still like him. If you can't do that, just don't let what you think have any effect on your actions. Keep dropping him hints that you like him!!
    Or you know...

Ask him?

ReputationRep:
    dont ask him?

ReputationRep:
    Kill him?

ReputationRep:
    Ask ham?

ReputationRep:
    I think you should

Ask him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelancastrian)
    Ask Jeeves?
    Beat me to it

Ask him?

ReputationRep:
    Ask Michael Winner?

ReputationRep:
    Ask him?

ReputationRep:
    When in doubt, ask Google.

http://img2.allposters.com/images/CAMB/27633.jpg

Google says "Ask him?"

ReputationRep:
    mmmmmmm..........i think u should actually

ASK HIM!!!!!

Ask him?

ReputationRep:
    oh what the heck.... ask him?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.askoxford.com/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.