Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help! Living in London is making me a racist! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonty99)
    If you were "forced out", why would you end up in the UK?

I thought asylum seekers had to go to the nearest country (ie, most likely not the UK).

And how isn't the UK welcoming? It has a very liberal immigration policy.
    Spoken like a true daily express reader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arwen Black)
    Spoken like a true daily express reader
    I don't read the Daily Express, and fail to see anything wrong with what I've said.

Are you denying my statement about asylum seekers, or about the UK having a liberal immigration policy? I find it hard to see how you could find fault with either of those.

I would rather you actually respond to my points, instead of throwing insults. It tends to make it look as if you've got nothing worth saying.

ReputationRep:
    And you completely missed my point. Maybe you should read the original thread because my comments were based on that. You have made it into a different issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    The OP didn't say once that they didn't like London, did they? There is no mention of their like or dislike for London, therefore I'm correcting you and telling you you're wrong.
    Well the whole post is a huge complaint; its too expensive, the tourists annoy her etc. That kinda makes u think that she dislikes London..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petticoatlove)
    Well the whole post is a huge complaint; its too expensive, the tourists annoy her etc. That kinda makes u think that she dislikes London..
    I disagree. Thorpe Park is expensive and busy but it's still fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    I disagree. Thorpe Park is expensive and busy but it's still fun.
    right thats ur point of view but not the Op's..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chillaxer)
    Come to think of it, more generally, where are the best towns to live?
    Norwich, Cambridge, Bristol I'd say. I can't vouch for the North West but it doesn't sound good crime/chav wise according to what people say. Brighton's OK but not my cup o' tea really. Rurally we have some great places.
    London is a billion times better than cambridge, even if you live in college. Bristol, Norwich ? WHAT
    This forum is ridiculous
    • Section Leader
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    The responses that this thread is getting are getting more and more inappropriate. As the OP has now got 19 pages worth of responses I am going to close before it goes any further and gets any more borderline racist comments.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.