The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
LMAO.

This must be currently the best title and post. I shouldn't laugh but ah well... So, so funny!
Go bum rape your buddies in the country side and become an inbred then.
I see London as this massive pie made with exotic ingredients from all over the world and everyone in the world has caught a whiff of the pie and now wants a slice...lol
I understand exactly how you feel. And i'm posting anonymously because i'll probably get branded a racist for saying it. That's another thing that multi-culturalism has caused, an even more PC Britain. You can't say you dislike how Britain has become, because people will say you're racist and old-fashioned. I hate how you can walk down a street in London, same goes for Leicester now that i think about it, and feel like you're in a foreign country because nobody speaks or looks English. If we're going to let them live here, the least they could do is adopt our culture and language surely. But apparently that's not a priority. There's nothing you can do about it though, except for move to another area of London.
Reply 24
Moe Lester
Fair enough, it says a lot about TSR and modern day Britain when somebody feels the need to go Anonymous to post legitimate concerns and feelings like this.

It says more about the OP tbh
Reply 25
Anonymous
Please keep anonymous.

Living in London is really turning me into a racist. I'm white, and I live in a predominantly black area, and I often feel unsafe. I feel nervous when I travel anywhere as I'm often the only white person, and even my white friends have started saying how they feel uncomfortable on the bus being the only white person.

I also get annoyed when everyone around me is speaking a different language, or with a really strong accent. I feel like I'm being stopped from going into places because being white and English means I don't belong. It angers me when I find someone working somewhere who speaks little English, when so many young people are jobless yet again. I find it extremely unnerving, and feel that these people should make more of an effort to take on the English language and traditions when they move here.

I get fed up with the tourists in London and how expensive everything in London is because of them. I get annoyed when there's always someone who pushes in front of you because they don't understand the concept of queueing. I get anxious when I walk past a group of people in hoodies (regardless of race or gender) because they've brought over an American 'gangsta' attitude, and this is particularly prominent in many parts of south and east London.

What happened to the polite England, where 'sorry' was the most said word? Where are peoples manners? What should we do with people who say 'England is crap, X is so much better!'? Should they have the right to stay here?

This isn't a question of race, so much, but I think people should make more of an effort to adopt the English ways when they move here. I respect that people want to carry on their own culture, but going out of your way to promote it is causing societal segregation.

Am I in the wrong for feeling like this? I feel that if the situation were reversed, and I were abroad and emphasising my English ways I would be heavily frowned upon, and don't understand why it's seen as alright to carry on this way.

Completely agree with you.
Anonymous
I live in Croydon :frown:

My God, that place is a living hell. I honestly don't blame you, neither would most people, if you lived in Croydon. I'd need constant therapy if I was living there!

Seriously though, London is awesome in some parts! It's not all like Croydon! I'd have a good look around if I were you. :smile:
Reply 27
Anonymous
Please keep anonymous.

Living in London is really turning me into a racist. I'm white, and I live in a predominantly black area, and I often feel unsafe. I feel nervous when I travel anywhere as I'm often the only white person, and even my white friends have started saying how they feel uncomfortable on the bus being the only white person.

I also get annoyed when everyone around me is speaking a different language, or with a really strong accent. I feel like I'm being stopped from going into places because being white and English means I don't belong. It angers me when I find someone working somewhere who speaks little English, when so many young people are jobless yet again. I find it extremely unnerving, and feel that these people should make more of an effort to take on the English language and traditions when they move here.

I get fed up with the tourists in London and how expensive everything in London is because of them. I get annoyed when there's always someone who pushes in front of you because they don't understand the concept of queueing. I get anxious when I walk past a group of people in hoodies (regardless of race or gender) because they've brought over an American 'gangsta' attitude, and this is particularly prominent in many parts of south and east London.

What happened to the polite England, where 'sorry' was the most said word? Where are peoples manners? What should we do with people who say 'England is crap, X is so much better!'? Should they have the right to stay here?

This isn't a question of race, so much, but I think people should make more of an effort to adopt the English ways when they move here. I respect that people want to carry on their own culture, but going out of your way to promote it is causing societal segregation.

Am I in the wrong for feeling like this? I feel that if the situation were reversed, and I were abroad and emphasising my English ways I would be heavily frowned upon, and don't understand why it's seen as alright to carry on this way.

Blatantly the racist BNP supporting NB.

I love London.
No, you're making yourself a racist.
You need to man up and start threatening people with pistols :yep:
Reply 30
Anonymous
My God, that place is a living hell. I honestly don't blame you, neither would most people, if you lived in Croydon. I'd need constant therapy if I was living there!

Seriously though, London is awesome in some parts! It's not all like Croydon! I'd have a good look around if I were you. :smile:

Good lord, croydon is filled mostly with white chavs living in council housing tbh
Anonymous
Please keep anonymous.

what are the english ways exactly?

(im english/welsh btw so id love to know what my ways are)

just lift your daily mail in front of your eyes and all will be well.
Nick_000
Apt description of Multi-Cultural Britain.

That said, I love London. The whole diversity of the city helps make it amazing in my opinion.

exactly what i was going to say.
jataylorlfc
what are the english ways exactly?

(im english/welsh btw so id love to know what my ways are)

just lift your daily mail in front of your eyes and all will be well

What is this pathetic obession with the Daily Mail and TSR?
Reply 34
Where I live there seem to be an awful lot of European people.... especially Polish. However, I've noticed there's more and more different races appearing who speak little or no English and don't appear to get the message.

Fact is, working in a Supermarket I think you notice it more and they just don't understand.

It's the government's fault because immigration laws are so lax I think. The UK is like a plug hole, they just slip through except the occasional bean who gets stuck in a camp at Calais trying to get across!!

Hmmmm.
Donnahh
LMAO.

This must be currently the best title and post. I shouldn't laugh but ah well... So, so funny!

Er yeah...hilarious.
Yeah I used to adore living here, but now I actually cant stand it. I'm constantly looking over my shoulder when I'm on my way home at night, avoiding nutcases on night buses and gangs on street corners... this place has turned into an over-crowded dump.

I'm moving to Switzerland next year anyway. Bye bye London.
Anonymous
Please keep anonymous.

Mate you are a weirdo.

If you go to any capital city things will always be expensive because of tourists, don't shop there. simple as. there is plenty of other places.
As to being uncomfortable because you are the only white guy..please stfu because imagine being the only black person on the bus with a bunch of white people! There is a rare occurence of a white person getting beaten up by blacks because they are white, no one is dumb enough to do that in england
There have been so many racial crimes on blacks and other races by whites.
I have felt threatened by white people.

As people have said before if you don't like london then get out, but don't bother going to any other city. Go to some lame village man.
Moe Lester
What is this pathetic obession with the Daily Mail and TSR?

**** are u on about, i rarely post on here no sort of obsession.

and id be more concerned with the pathetic obsession with people who arnet white and english, (southern specifically) and "chavs".

im sorry but every time i go on this site it just affirms the notions i have of idiots getting above themselves, and others of similar intellectual capacity, simply through the wealth of their parents/the location of their birth.
Anonymous
Mate you are a weirdo.

If you go to any capital city things will always be expensive because of tourists, don't shop there. simple as. there is plenty of other places.
As to being uncomfortable because you are the only white guy..please stfu because imagine being the only black person on the bus with a bunch of white people! There is a rare occurence of a white person getting beaten up by blacks because they are white, no one is dumb enough to do that in england
There have been so many racial crimes on blacks and other races by whites.
I have felt threatened by white people.

As people have said before if you don't like london then get out, but don't bother going to any other city. Go to some lame village man.

leave them alone were the oppressed white minori....o yeah. good point

Latest

Trending

Trending