Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help! Living in London is making me a racist! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    Not all of south London is bad. Clapham, Kennington and Eltham are decent areas. And Croydon is in Surrey! That's millionaire land. Though Croydon has its fair share of crime.

EDIT: To consider Cultivated's post, some of the above mentioned areas are in zones one and two.
    woop Eltham!!!!

ReputationRep:
    i love the multiculturalism, but i agree that certain bits of london are preferably avoided, and its not even race based, im as scared of threatening looking white chavs as any other race, the world is just becoming less friendly thats just how it is, now if someone you dont know talks to you in a queue or something its actually notable because its so rare!

ReputationRep:
    How long have you lived in London? You a student?

ReputationRep:
    Go join the BNP or live with it!

ReputationRep:
    Come to Devon. You'll fit in wonderfully, and I'm up for a bit of house-swapping.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slightlyoddchild)
    i love the multiculturalism, but i agree that certain bits of london are preferably avoided, and its not even race based, im as scared of threatening looking white chavs as any other race, the world is just becoming less friendly thats just how it is, now if someone you dont know talks to you in a queue or something its actually notable because its so rare!
    i dont think the world is becoming less friendly.

everyones just more scared of each other, youre proof of that my dear.

crime has actually gone down overall, fear of crime on the other hand consistently increases.

when was the last time u were attacked/know some1 who was attacked, yet how likely does the media make u feel that u will be attacked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jataylorlfc)
    leave them alone were the oppressed white minori....o yeah. good point
    LOL

(Original post by Feral Beast)
    How long have you lived in London? You a student?
    I've lived in London all my life and I am a student, yes. London hasn't always been like this though.

ReputationRep:
    That's racism dude. Seriously not cool.

ReputationRep:
    As to being uncomfortable because you are the only white guy..please stfu because imagine being the only black person on the bus with a bunch of white people!
    Given that we are in England after all, why should that be particularly surprising?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geminibubblegum)
    ...... and hijabis giving me dirty looks because I'm wearing a skirt.

/rant.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

For all its faults, London is still the best city in the world. Without the multi-cultural aspect of the city, we would be no where near as prosperous so we have to deal with it.

One another note, you seriously don't want to venture into places like Walthamstow.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not White, but I do get what you mean, but you just gotta learn to live with it. And I agree with geminibubblegum.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose it's natural... though I never understood why it seems to offend people so much when someone on the street doesn't look/sound/act etc like them. Though you're not a bad person unless you take your anger out on others, I guess.

(Original post by Joseph90)
    And Croydon is in Surrey! .
    No. Croydon is in London.

ReputationRep:
    See your GP, it sounds like you have anxiety or a phobia.

ReputationRep:
    I think what you're talking about has nothing to do with the race, like someone said before i'd be just as uneasy around a gang of white thugs as an other race

I'd say people in city areas tend to be getting more...agressive perhaps, i remember a thread on here a while ago where the OP was asking if he was justified in screaming obscenities at a guy who smiled at him...BECAUSE he smiled at him

I don't think its racist either to expect immigrants to at least speak our language, i have no problem with them keeping their own culture of course, but when it's come to the point where native brittons feel like they're in a foreign country...it's a bit too much

ReputationRep:
    It's not so much race as class. It's always povo areas that are rough like council estates, hence the South and East are best avoided. It's because they're bitter that anyone else might be better off than them.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with your concerns OP, it a sad indictment of our culture when you have to go anon over such genuine problems.

Firstly don't worry about being racist, that very idea was created and is pushed to stunt genuine debate over issues like your own.

ReputationRep:
    And you've woken up to a changing Britain congratulations, all we need to do is become separated again by finding a new planet that only whites live on.

:/

ReputationRep:
    Learn to live with it, and good lord never move to america or you'll end up killing someone. Fact is this happens everywhere. Learn some self defense grow a pair and stop worrying that all the black people are after you.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.