Turn on thread page Beta

Ladies only- tampons question watch

(Original post by i-Citizen)
    Lemme get this right, you girls have to walk around all day with a dildo-like instrument up your punani? Or am I getting it wrong?

I thought tampons were like towels were you just place it inside your panties?

I dont know why Im talking about this but for some reason Im interested...

lol delicately put :redface: I don't think tampons are quite like dildos. Essentially though you're right- tampons go up, "towels" or pads are the ones that sit in your knickers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadie-kiki)
    :rofl: well, if you call basically a cylindrical wadge of cottony material with string hanging down 'dildo-like' then yes :rolleyes:
    Ok so its not exactly dildo-like, but you can feel it right? So every now and again what happens if it hits the "spot", giving all you girls immense pleasure. Or doesnt that happen?

But im right, theres a sort of towel where you place in the knickers and the dildo like thing, theres no other tools that I should know about...?

ReputationRep:
    i have the same prob. im never 100% confident when i have one in and iv been trying for the last 5 years.

ReputationRep:
    When I was younger my tampon used to leak but I wasn't putting it far in enough :P:
    What type of tampon do you use?
    I started using those Tampax Pearl and they are great for me there's never been any leakages :P: so don't need to wear a towel too just incase

ReputationRep:
    Ok so its not exactly dildo-like, but you can feel it right? So every now and again what happens if it hits the "spot", giving all you girls immense pleasure. Or doesnt that happen?

But im right, theres a sort of towel where you place in the knickers and the dildo like thing, theres no other tools that I should know about...?
    Well, there's always the mooncup...

ReputationRep:

Lol, that really doesn't happen. It'd be more likely with a pad rubbing against our clit, than a tampon rubbing our G spot. Tampons sit higher up than that anyway.

And you can't really feel a tampon if it's in right.

And apart from towels and tampons, there's the moon cup, which is... a cup.

ReputationRep:

it doesn't happen it's too far in for that and it doesn't really move at all except when you put it in and take it out.

ReputationRep:

When you put in a tampon your not supposed to be able to feel it inside you - if you can feel it then it's not in correct

There's the mooncup - a lovely cup that you put up there to collect the blood :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by writergirl)
    good grief thats just terrible. I expect you're going to claim you also have to give birth now??

and you could charm the birds from the trees
    no i shoot them down and stomp on them :o:, sweetheart.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Whoa, lots of replies, thanks chaps.

Ok- no I don't have a really wide vagina- I don't think so anyway!
    My periods aren't excessively heavy. I was using normal tampons
    I think I'm going wrong on the applicator part. I push my finger up the applicator so the tampon slides up but I don't let the applicator go up as well- it would get stuck wouldn't it? Hope that makes sense
    Does the applicator go 'up' at all? It needs to be held at the end away from you with two fingers and then pushed as high up as it'll go without letting go. You then push the other part of the applicator up and then pull that out and it should be in the perfect place. If you're doing all of that and it's still not working, either change brands or absorbancy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jataylorlfc)
    no i shoot them down and stomp on them :o:, sweetheart.
    you'll have everyone at your feet at this rate!

you'll have everyone at your feet at this rate!
    Maybe she doesn't like wearing slippers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Maybe she doesn't like wearing slippers
    oh please stop. my sides are splitting.

ReputationRep:
    hmm so tampons dont give you girls any pleasure whatsoever...that sucks

oh well Ive had enough of this talk of you ladies genitalia and I feel slightly sick...g'nite x

oh please stop. my sides are splitting.
    It's not fun being on the receiving end of sarcasm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    It's not fun being on the receiving end of sarcasm.
    apologies
    but according to your sig, if you can dish it out you should be prepared to take it.

apologies
    but according to your sig, if you can dish it out you should be prepared to take it.
    No need to apologize :p:

I did take it, i was just commenting on how unpleasant it must be to be at the butt of my humour

/spam

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you just need to buy larger tampons. Or you just unfortunately doomed to use sanitary towels forever!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure it's the absorbancy that's the issue. Often when I take it out, one side is clean, indicating the blood just ran past the other side therefore I leak. I think it's getting it high enough to stay put that's the problem
    sounds like you know the answer then?! you want someone from tsr to help you personally?!

i would disagree i think its either a problem with the absorbancy or you have a wide set vagina. normal tampons should suffice for someone with a normal size vagina and flow, it wouldnt leak down one side cause the tampon would fill you up...

ReputationRep:
    Whoa, lots of replies, thanks chaps.

Ok- no I don't have a really wide vagina- I don't think so anyway!
    My periods aren't excessively heavy. I was using normal tampons
    I think I'm going wrong on the applicator part. I push my finger up the applicator so the tampon slides up but I don't let the applicator go up as well- it would get stuck wouldn't it? Hope that makes sense
    That is almost definitely your problem. You need to push the first part of the applicator in and then the second part into the first part, whilst keeping hold of the first part. Most tampons have instructions, and I think Tampax have diagrams that might make it clearer.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.