Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete please

Hope this is in the right section!

OK so I'm almost 22, been "trying" to use tampons for a while now because I'm tired of the pitfalls of sanitary towels. The problems is... I can't seem to get them to work!! I use the applicator ones and push it up as far as I can yet it always leaks and I have to wear a pad too.

When I come to take it out, it's always moved down from where I pushed it in. Am I missing something?? Without being too graphic, can anyone explain the technique to use so that the tampon goes in high enough and will stay there and catch the flow? I've tried various different ways and the same thing happens each time- it slides down as I move around and becomes ineffective

Any help would be appreciated. :yes:
    I have this problem with applicator tampons.

Get the highest absorbancy and take it out of the applicator and then - this is going to sound gross) just push it RIGHT up with your finger until it hurts to pull on the string (so you know it's being held in the the muscle).

P.S use loads of soap and hot water after this lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cats_have_teats)
    Don't listen girls!!! EMBRACE your womanlyhood. Be at one with nature. Why not use the menstruation to feed your houseplants or grow an allotment for example?
    LMAOOOOOO no offense but you remind me of those vegetarianism campaign people......... :p: hehe...

PS. Periods are too painful and sickening to embrace. For me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieArun)
    Eww at periods, disgusting & vile.
    we can't help it :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hafsaay)
    LMAOOOOOO no offense but you remind me of those vegetarianism campaign people......... :p: hehe...

painful and sickening...just the words i was looking for...why dont men have to give birth??? or have pain every month???

God was a ******* man and if i find him...i'll make sure hes dead and i'll kill him at every resurection lol

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rimipie)
    we can't help it :emo:
    Sorry that was hugely arrogant of me , didn't mean to upset ya.

ReputationRep:
    This is the first time I hear of this "mooncup" business...

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's the brand. If is absorbing unevenly on different sides of the tampon then the material might not be that good.
    If you use the cheaper applicator tampons they tend to be cardboard applicators which are harder to use than plastic applicators.
    I recommend you try Tampax Compak. These have a plastic applicator so a) they slide in easier, b) there's a ridge on the plastic to help you, c) they do a box which has 4 different absorbancies in (Light, Medium, Heavy, Super) so you could try all and find which suits you best.

1. Extend the applicator (it'll look kinda like a cigarette holder once extended)
    2. Hold the applicator between finger and thumb at the point on the applicator where the ridge is (halfway)
    3. Insert the applicator until your finger and thumb meet your body (the tampon will now be low down inside you)
    4. Whilst holding the first half of the applicator in place, use your other hand to push the remaining half of the applicator towards you. You'll know when to stop cos the plastic ridge will stop you pushing it in any further. (this will push the tampon further up inside you, to where it needs to be)

Sorry for the essay. Im really keen to help as I hated using sanitary towels, like wearing a nappy! Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hafsaay)

This is what I had in mind when I wrote that:-

http://www.liveoakuu.org/women/retreat/DSC00637.JPG

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.