Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Word of warning to anyone who watches the first Butterfly Effect and likes it, don't under any circumstances watch number 2! It's the biggest pile of steaming turd ever to grace the shelves of DVD stores the world over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wushu)
    Theres a second one!? Wow, i hate it when they make a rubbish sequel
    Yes, and there's a third!

They have different characters and plotlines, and although i haven't seen the 3rd one, if the 2nd one is anything to go by...it will be dissapointing!

ReputationRep:
    Aw I love this film, I have it on DVD. I

ReputationRep:
    Yayy =] Thanks. Will watch after Family Guy* =]

*providing Family Guy doesn't suck like last week one.

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, a fantastic film. One for fans of Donnie Darko, Vanilla Sky and the like. Avoid the sequel at all costs though :p:

ReputationRep:
    Seen it more than 5 times will watch it again today.

Its a great movie - make sure you watch it

ReputationRep:
    aww thanks, i haven't even watched it before....because everyone's saying number 2 is bad aswell, it's as if i wanna watch it right after to see why lol

ReputationRep:
    Have it on DVD Still gonna watch it on E4 though I remember it being scary though :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vinay2505)
    has anyone see 'The Beach'? i watched that the other night. what a class film, i was actually enthralled by it, compared to most films...
    I also watched that recently! Yeah, I know what you mean, its a "different" kind of movie, but yes, GOOD

ReputationRep:
    This is one of those films that I can only watch once otherwise I will pick at it the second time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wushu)
    Ha its on E4+1 at 11pm as well!
    Excellent :cool:

I didn't realise that channel existed, I can't say i'm normally a fan of E4 :p:

ReputationRep:
    I watched the Director's Cut, so it was kind of a depressing film with its ending, but it seems right.

I edited the Wikipedia page to explain one of the endings and of how there's another deleted scene (the Noon Day Stalker one) and they could be connected. I got a load of hassle/abuse from Wikipedia users who hadn't even watched the film and it was removed.

Moral of the story: Wikipedia really isn't reliable with anything.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone see 'The Beach'? i watched that the other night. what a class film, i was actually enthralled by it, compared to most films...

If you liked the film of 'The Beach', you will love the book.
    It's much better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    Word of warning to anyone who watches the first Butterfly Effect and likes it, don't under any circumstances watch number 2! It's the biggest pile of steaming turd ever to grace the shelves of DVD stores the world over.
    So true, the whole movie was disturbing, stupid and I sat there hoping for a ******* better ending. WTH :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I dunno why, there's something about that film that makes it so special lol

A Danny Boyle film

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophia_Who)
    If you liked the film of 'The Beach', you will love the book.
    It's much better!
    ahhh right!! lol, i LOVED 'The Beach'. is it still worth reading, since i've seen the film now sooo i kinda know the plot and happenings? or is the book still different?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superstar6318)
    I dunno why, there's something about that film that makes it so special lol

A Danny Boyle film
    lol, he certainly does. all i'm gonna say... 28 Days Later, Slumdog Millionaire, Trainspotting, & The Beach. Tells it all really!!

ReputationRep:
    ahhh right!! lol, i LOVED 'The Beach'. is it still worth reading, since i've seen the film now sooo i kinda know the plot and happenings? or is the book still different?
    Well, compared to the book the film is relatively bad, so I guess that says it all. The book isn't set to a time limit obviously so it can afford to focus on issues in more depth, there are parts missing (quite inevitably) so yh just read the book!

ReputationRep:
    Ashton Kutcher :love:

ReputationRep:
    Watched it, was pretty good!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.