Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm a 15 year old male. I haven't got any decent clothes in my wardrobe so what I was thinking of doing with all the money I get from my birthday, Christmas and EMA (unfortunately it will only start after Christmas) on new clothes. I plan to get rid of most of my old ones.

My problem is I don't know what to get. Should I start forming a foundation with basic clothing from shops like Topman, Burton and River Island so I don't break the bank? Then eventually branch out and start getting real designer clothes?

All I want to do is look good but I'm not sure what I should be going for.

And also, I'm putting together a school outfit and I was thinking of changing it about a bit. Considering I like classic looks I was going to go for a grey v-neck jumper with a white and grey pin-striped shirt. Then a pair of basic black formal trousers and to jazz it up a bit a pair of black Fred Perry plimsolls. There is a dress code in place and I'm partially following it (lol). I put it together in Photoshop and it seems really nice, but I'm unsure how it would look in the real world. And I'm also getting it quite cheaply since I haven't got much money (really cheap at Debenhams, lol).

Anyway, so could people help?

ReputationRep:
    wembley market looooool

ReputationRep:
    Try the places G8D said and pick out things you like, H&M is another good shop :yep:

I wouldn't bother buying yourself a whole wardrobe of designer clothes just yet, you're 15, you'll grow out of them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    River Island and TopMan (maybe a little NewLook) should do you fine. Designer isn't needed to look good. The style/s you end up going for should all depend on the way you look, fat, thin, etc.

Jeans(not skinny), and nothing too baggy should do fine. Cardigan/jumpers and stuff too. Good luck I spose?
    Thanks for that.

I guess I should go for what I think looks nice.

Also, is there any key elements when layering? For example a jumper and shirt? I really like that look.

And what about my school outfit? You guys think it will look alright?

(Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Try the places G8D said and pick out things you like, H&M is another good shop :yep:

I wouldn't bother buying yourself a whole wardrobe of designer clothes just yet, you're 15, you'll grow out of them!
    Ha ha, yeah. All I want right now is to be able to put on something everyday that looks good. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Have a look on clothing websites and find styles you like. Then recreate them using cheaper shops like H&M and TopMan. You could also copy celebrity styles you like

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a good idea. All I need to do now is save up some money and throw out all my old crap.

No one have any input on my school outfit? You think it will go well and look decent?

Thanks again.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.