Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi,

I have been with my boyfriend 6months. Thing is i'm a virgin, and he's not. We are ready to have sex having talked about it but i'm scared that i'l be rubbish and he won't enjoy cos i'm inexperienced.

anyone else been in this position? any advice/comments appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Just go ahead and don't think too much, not as though I am actually that experienced or anything.

ReputationRep:
    It's normal to be nervous. If you feel ready and all that after school special stuff then go for it. Buy an issue of Cosmo or google about for a few tips. Let him lead and think of all the fun you can have learning.

Bet you never thought learning could be this much fun.

ReputationRep:
    In some ways it should be more comforting. His experience can only help to make it easier for you. He should be far less clumsy and, with any luck, know where to put it.

You should probably be more concerned if he still had his V plates.

edit - also. It's better being taught. And every guy is different in what they like from sex. So even if you'd had sex before, remembering that what one guy loves, another might hate.

ReputationRep:
    the thought of another woman being on my boyfriend would have made me feel so sick inside that i couldnt have slept with him. it would have hurt me too much, seeing as though he wouldnt have had nething like that to think about with me being 'untouched'. I wouldnt have lost my virginity to him if he wasnt a virgin and i was. I am so glad (and he is) that we lost it to each other. Perfect

Remember u dnt have to do it if u dnt want to ok

ReputationRep:
    Just relax and tell him to stop if you don't like anything. Use lube!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him about it. There is always a first time. You'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    Whether or not you're experienced isn't relevant, just make sure you're both safe and up for it.

ReputationRep:
    He is probabaly aware of the situation, i dount he will be to fussed for the first tiime.

ReputationRep:
    As long as he's getting some, he'll be happy. He'll understand how nervous you probably are anyway. and just make sure you're relaxed when it happens!

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, you don't really need to do a hell of a lot. The only thing that you should fear is fear itself because that might make you make things awkward.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.