Sister's **** personality Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Right guys, here's the thing:

I love my sister, but there is no unconditional love whatsoever - the love is only there by default. I really don't like her. I think her personality sucks. She's an arrogant, insensitive, stubborn loudmouth who only really cares about her own needs. I try to get her to change her attitude, but she actively says to me, "don't teach me stuff!". She wants not to change, and sometimes I hate her, but she's very young, only 12, so I think, fair enough, she's only a child. I hope she'll sort it in the future and I reckon she will, but does anyone else have this with their younger siblings?
rajandkwameali
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
it's none of your business what she does. live your own life.
HappySadHappy
Report 9 years ago
I know what u mean and it must be very hard for u. If you didnt care u would just let her grow up to be a nasty piece of work. So i think u seem a good brother. She is still young atm and may be following her friends at sch or something. If she doesnt listen to u she is just going to have to learn the hard way..not sure what that way might be, but she wnt get anywhere in life by being nasty...
User69701
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
She's twelve. She'll grow out of it and she will actively do the opposite of whatever you what.
Lessthanzero
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If your at lot older than her and living at home she is most likely to get on your wires. Age differences show how immature people can be. Things will get bettter when she gets older and grows out of it and when your not at home so much. The further you are away the less they annoy you. It makes it easier to get along with each other if there is distance.
Cultivated
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Me. Mine is 16 and about ten times worse than yours. I wish I was joking
geetar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hopefully she will grow out of it.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
my sister is 17 but similar - she's selfish, insensitive, stubborn and acts disrespectfully towards our parents. I've long stopped trying to put her right - I'm hoping she'll grow out of it.
Mazija
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
wait until she is about 19/20...
until then, there is no point.
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
My 18 year old sister steals and lies compulsively and without guilt, is the only member of our family to see the back of a police car, and generally treats our parents like crap. She doesn't care about anything other than what she wants, including morality. She has no problem talking and behaving however she wants in public. She responds to any punishment my parents try with self-destructive or disruptive behavior. I can still hope she'll get better eventually, and if she really needed me, I'd be there.

So why don't you just cut your sister some slack?
Dr Zeuss™
Report 9 years ago
she should grow out of it. my brother was a little **** when he was that age. hes still an ass, just not as much
Veggiechic
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Older ones are the worst. I disowned by brother a few months ago for doing just one too many dispicable things to me. I'm ok now he's out my life. Sounds to me like your sister is likely to change as she gets older. Maybe you should just try to avoid her and give no cause for argument. No good trying to tell her things at that age. Kids don't listen
Historiana
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Someday, someone will turn round and either slap her, or tell her what she's really like and she'll take a tough blow

Until she does, just avoid her and try not to let her get her own way. Tell your parents if she's out of line, and hope they discipline her.

She will learn, eventually, that her behaviour isn't getting her anywhere!
douchebagz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
shes a kid, she'll grow up eventually.
Darkness and Mist
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Err what does it matter? you cant choose your family, I think my brother has an awful personality (always have) and if we werent brothers I wouldnt even associate with him, its not an issue.
oh_adele
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My sister acts in exactly the same way. 1 difference. She's 30. A complete embarrassment.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads