Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    whats the primary teaching course really like?
    and is th euni right in the city or out of it?
    what facilities are there for water sports and dance socities?
    any info will help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyingfishes)
    whats the primary teaching course really like?
    and is th euni right in the city or out of it?
    what facilities are there for water sports and dance socities?
    any info will help!
    You need to go to some open days before you can really decide. I did the same thing this time last year - I went to 5 open days and ended up applying to 4 of these.
    I visited Worcester Uni, Huddersfield Uni, York St John Uni, Newman University College in Birmingham and Bishop Grosseteste University College in Lincoln. The only one I didn't then apply to was the Birmingham one as I didn't like the look of the campus (seemed more like a sixth form college) and people I met and talked to weren't as friendly as they were at the others. I had already studied at Sheffield Hallam so knew what it was like so I put that as my 5th choice.

I'm starting Primary Education at Worcester this year so will be able to answer your questions then in more detail. The university is about a 10-15 minute walk from the cente of Worcester. It's a nice campus with good facilities and everyone was friendly at the open day and my interview day.
    As for the socities, looking on the Student Union's website it says they have Kayaking, Rowing and Swimming socities for water sports and it says they have a dance society.

Any questions about the universities I visited on open days then just ask. Which are you looking at?

ReputationRep:
    i am trying to get too as many open days been to hallam mmu and nottingham trent and wasnt a fan of mmu theres four other unis im looking at so just getting a rough idea on the unis before i go all the way there!
    also looking at worcester wolverhampton derby and sunderland!
    thanks for your help the stuff on the city really helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyingfishes)
    i am trying to get too as many open days been to hallam mmu and nottingham trent and wasnt a fan of mmu theres four other unis im looking at so just getting a rough idea on the unis before i go all the way there!
    also looking at worcester wolverhampton derby and sunderland!
    thanks for your help the stuff on the city really helps!
    I'm moving to Worcester in a months time so will be able to help even more if you have any questions!
    I didn't look at Derby or Sunderland as they are 4 year courses and I couldn't afford a 4 year course after my previous study. Wolverhampton would have been my next choice if I had of ended up with no offers which nearly happened as I only got the 1 offer! The course is at the Walsall campus and although I've not been I'm told it's quite a nice campus there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.