Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    whats the primary teaching course really like?
    and is th euni right in the city or out of it?
    what facilities are there for water sports and dance socities?
    any info will help!

ReputationRep:
    Don't know anything about the courses or societies, but the two campuses are both near the city centre, and there's free campus shuttle buses between them.

There's a City Campus on the outskirts of the City Centre but still really close to bars, pubs, parks, shops, shopping centre etc. The other campus is St. Peter's on the riverside about 5 minutes from the city centre - there's the free buses and it's walkable from the metro (light rail) system - St Peter's is nice and new, not far from the marina and the beach.

Sunderland is a great city - really under-rated - great nightlife, cheap, lovely parks and loads of nice sandy beaches!

Any questions give me a shout!

:-)

ReputationRep:
    you've made it sound pretty attractive to me!

ReputationRep:
    we have a water sport society and dance society theres also platinium dance studio which does special rates for students. Youll be based at St peters
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    we have a water sport society and dance society theres also platinium dance studio which does special rates for students. Youll be based at St peters
    I'm going Sunderland in September too, studying Computing... can't wait :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AWSLC)
    I'm going Sunderland in September too, studying Computing... can't wait
    Hope you enjoy it what halls u in and if u want to join the taekwondo club PM me.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I haven't been to the uni... but I did attend an open day not too long ago (I was interested in the Media courses), and I quite liked both the uni and the city. The Media courses are based at St. Peter's, which has its own library -- and it's easy to get across the city and even to Newcastle via the Metro service.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Hope you enjoy it what halls u in and if u want to join the taekwondo club PM me.
    All Saints En Suite

Studying Computing for the 4 year Sandwich course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AWSLC)
    All Saints En Suite

Studying Computing for the 4 year Sandwich course
    Nice lol All Saints is quite mind
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Nice lol All Saints is quite mind
    What do you mean? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AWSLC)
    What do you mean? lol
    I dont no want to put you off so dont know how to put this but basically it is really involved in all the freshers stuff and as it so small it doesnt have the atmosphere of the bigger halls.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I dont no want to put you off so dont know how to put this but basically it is really involved in all the freshers stuff and as it so small it doesnt have the atmosphere of the bigger halls.
    Oh, yeah, I know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AWSLC)
    Oh, yeah, I know
    Gdgd as long as your aware before you get there. Enjoy your time in Sunderland

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Sunderland Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

Scape Student Living

Scape Student Living

"Brand new super studios at Scape Shoreditch, three minutes away from Old Street station!"

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Sunderland ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Sunderland applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.