Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Unfortunately me and my boyfriend lacked the funds to have a summer getaway this year , so we've been thinking of going round Christmas, thanks to the fact I've landed myself a nice new job and uni holidays are quite generous.

Anyway, I'll be looking at spending roughly around 500 on my flight and accom, we want somewhere that's hot enough to get a tan, but with a flight no longer than 4 hrs max (I have very big fear of flying!) Can anyone reccommend anywhere nice to go around mid Dec??

Thanks

Kate
    xx

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I think you may be pushed with that budget. Your best bet is anywhere around the mediterranean. Somewhere in North Africa maybe with your budget.

ReputationRep:
    Canary Islands are warm around that time of year and are approx 4hrs from the UK.

ReputationRep:
    canary islands

ReputationRep:
    Greece?
    Turkey?
    Morocco?
    Egypt?
    Malta?
    Italy?
    France?
    South of Spain?
    Portugal?

Off the top of my head, if you did some bargain hunting those are the places you might have some luck.

ReputationRep:
    Will Turkey be hot? My best friend loves Turkey, she goes every year for around 300 flights inclu. Plus, I tend to book private apartments so it always works out cheap. I got a villa with a private pool and flights for a week in Lanzarote for 400 last July x

ReputationRep:
    Btw it'd be 500 just for me, so my bf would have 500 too, 1000 for the both of us NOT inclu spending money.

ReputationRep:
    Cyprus is quite good you might get a good deal for 500 especially at that time of year.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.