Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok kind of a ridiculous question seeing as London is massive hence billions of things to do but here goes anyway...

I've won tickets to the iTunes live festival at Camden but train tickets/a travelcard is £30 so to make the most of this ticket I want to go around London before the gig to make a day of it, spreading the travelcard's cost so it's worthwhile. Apart from the standard touristy stuff like tower bridge/london eye/imax/history crap etc which I've all done before, what are some great things to do/see around London??:confused:

Thanks for any help

ReputationRep:
    Take a trip on the DLR and sit at the front? :love:
    Or, er, Tate Modern? See something at Barbican or some free gig somewhere (check Time Out or one of the free papers...) Go to Foyles, a massive bookshop near Tot Court Road Tube station, or look around the antique book places in Soho, or the record shops, :love: Sister Ray...

ReputationRep:
    oxford street/bond/that area
    harrods
    shopping in general
    camden market
    hyde park
    bars in leicester sq

ReputationRep:
    You're coming to C-town? Walk on Hampstead Heath! So many people miss it but it's a spectacular park only a bus ride away from Camden. When you go to the top of the hill just stare back at the view, it always takes my breath away but I only live round the corner!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    Or, er, Tate Modern? See something at Barbican or some free gig somewhere (check Time Out or one of the free papers...) Go to Foyles, a massive bookshop near Tot Court Road Tube station, or look around the antique book places in Soho, or the record shops, :love: Sister Ray...
    Sitting at the front of the DLR is awesome. When I was a bit younger , the engineer man opened the little cabinet and asked me to press the green button , I was like wooooooo lol !

ReputationRep:
    Did you win tickets through Iphone/ipod touch app?

ReputationRep:
    Become a racist, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    London is ****
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    Sitting at the front of the DLR is awesome. When I was a bit younger , the engineer man opened the little cabinet and asked me to press the green button , I was like wooooooo lol !
    :ditto:

OP you should go rowing on the Serpentine in hyde park.
    go to the british museum? wander round south kensington or bloomsbury
    ummm ooo take a river cruise?
    actually, you should get the DLR to east india, walk to trinity buoy wharf, go to the "fatboy's diner" then go outside and watch the awesome views of the thames, docklands and milleniukm dome
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Eric Arthur)
    Become a racist, apparently.
    lol i just saw that thread...

ReputationRep:
    go southbank? theres nothing much to do but shop :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom Wigan)
    Did you win tickets through Iphone/ipod touch app?
    no through the facebook thing. I used 5 email addresses and applied for every single one to make sure I got tickets! although the same band are playing near me for £9 in October so I'm not sure I'll even go to London...

Thanks for all the ideas!

ReputationRep:
    Cool. Who are you watching?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    This sounds stupid but where is Soho?

ReputationRep:
    I like just going and sitting on the South Bank and people watching. The Design Museum is near-by or you could walk along to the Tate Modern.
    Covent Garden is nice for a wonder and Leicester Square, China Town, Soho are all within walking distance.
    To be honest I prefer just wondering around when I'm in London, you'll always find something interesting going on somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millmill)
    This sounds stupid but where is Soho?
    Soho is near Chinatown, http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1011649AANp2X2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom Wigan)
    Cool. Who are you watching?
    simian mobile disco

ReputationRep:
    Soho is a great place. I stay there when i go to London.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.