Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My cousin has a warped fashion sense- it's not the fact she wears crazy and wacky "cool" things- the stuff she wears she thinks is fashionable, stuff from the cheap shops like Select and shabby one-off shops (you know- the REALLY cheap kind) Her fashion sense is so dire that I'm embarrassed to walk out with her. The thing is, I could understand if someone wanted to wear a white plain top with jeans and trainers,(by this I just mean they don't care about what they wear) but what she wears she "thinks" is fashionable, which makes it worse, she wears clingy off the shoulder tops with terrible material, which make her figure look so bad! And she's a size 10- but doesn't want to face the fact she is, she only wears size 8 clothes which make her look fat, but she thinks they make her figure look better, (she's 4'11 and chunky). It doesn't help she lives in East London where you get certain people who influence the kind of clothes she wears. (Think of the clothes Cascada wears- but 10 times worse). How do I let her know her fashion sense is DIRE? She's a stubborn minded person who won't let anyone tell her that she wears awful, awful clothes!

ReputationRep:
    let her find out for herself lol
    somehow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superstar6318)
    My cousin has a warped fashion sense- it's not the fact she wears crazy and wacky "cool" things- the stuff she wears she thinks is fashionable, stuff from the cheap shops like Select and shabby one-off shops (you know- the REALLY cheap kind) Her fashion sense is so dire that I'm embarrassed to walk out with her. The thing is, I could understand if someone wanted to wear a white plain top with jeans and trainers,(by this I just mean they don't care about what they wear) but what she wears she "thinks" is fashionable, which makes it worse, she wears clingy off the shoulder tops with terrible material, which make her figure look so bad! And she's a size 10- but doesn't want to face the fact she is, she only wears size 8 clothes which make her look fat, but she thinks they make her figure look better, (she's 4'11 and chunky). It doesn't help she lives in East London where you get certain people who influence the kind of clothes she wears. (Think of the clothes Cascada wears- but 10 times worse). How do I let her know her fashion sense is DIRE? She's a stubborn minded person who won't let anyone tell her that she wears awful, awful clothes!
    Why does it really matter?

ReputationRep:
    Take her clothes shopping and be forceful.

ReputationRep:
    At least she's being herself and has an own style/whatever-you-want-to-call-it. Your opinion isn't valid to her. Don't walk with her if you feel ashamed of what she is wearing.

ReputationRep:
    Take her to bonmarche!

My cousin has god awful fashion sense as well - often the clothes cheap, tacky and sluttish - this god awful weave hair extensions that look horrid but I say nothing!! Got nothing to do with me! :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter, does her fashion sense affect the person that she is inside? No. So leave her be, as long as she's happy why should it affect you? I'm sure she doesn't really care what other people think.

ReputationRep:
    Anonymous email? Or take her to a NICE shop - Miss Selfridge or TK Maxx, Topshop/Warehouse/Oasis if you have moneyz.
    She'll realise in time though

ReputationRep:
    Meh leave her to it.

I wonder if your cousin is a person I go to school with though, she's just like this. Its not like she doesn't 'care' she just gets it so horribly wrong. Everything is bright and tight and tacky. One of her favourite outfits is these pale lemon yellow skinny jeans with a baby pink turtle neck cardigan, but with the boob/cleavage bit cut out, along with pink leg warmers and a pink truck driver hat. Just... awful....

ReputationRep:
    bleurgh. i understand, i have a friend like that too. But frankly, there's not much you could do without hurting her feelings.

ReputationRep:
    360 mirror...always puts things into perspective.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.