Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls: How important is a good dress-sense on a guy? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodo XD)
    Yep, i think that looks great everything is too clean though! (im not weird it just looks like they've never been worn before!)
    thats what i meant by lack of money too, he blatantly wears new clothes very often tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    thats what i meant by lack of money too, he blatantly wears new clothes very often tbh
    lol, probably only wears things once...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think it's important. However what constitutes a 'good dress sense' is down to personal interpretation. I love All Saints menswear, skull t-shirts, slouchy cardigans, worn boots, slouchy beanies etc etc.

Not keen on sportswear, in fact, I'm pretty much ALLERGIC to sportswear so it's a definite no-go.

ReputationRep:

:coma:

the way i dress kinda fits in to loads of different styles, so i like that in a guy too!

i do get put off if i don't like what they're wearing, but i'm not going to refuse to get to know someone because i think they dress badly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arteta)
    I don't think so, no. And I feel comfortable enough to speak on the girls behalf. If anything because it's Peter Andre, and because you picked a horrible photo in which sums up what they're about.

Unfortunately that's how the girls on TSR like their guys :rolleyes:

I personally can't see why. His outfit/style is kinda cool and I can appreciate that, but to be considered a hot guy, wtf? ha
    Some serious shaking of the end going on right now..

Yes, it's important, more so because I love fashion. It's not just an item of clothing, it's an extension of my personality, a hobby as such so I would like to find someone that views fashion similarly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StotheL)
    Some serious shaking of the end going on right now..

Yes, it's important, more so because I love fashion. It's not just an item of clothing, it's an extension of my personality, a hobby as such so I would like to find someone that views fashion similarly.
    What now? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    hmm, girls are sayingi how they dress says alot about them, but if the guys dont actually have any dress sense, and just had to rush to get ready choosing whatever wasnt it the wash, then you might be assuming you know something about them, when in reality, all you can tell is that they were in a rush and aren't fashion poofs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey TSR)
    do you take a look at the clothes the guy is wearing and make any assumptions?
    The harsh reality is that we make decisions about people within the first 3 seconds of meeting them; we then spend the next 90 seconds trying to confirm our first impressions. This means that before you even open your mouth you’ve been sized up and profiled. Knowing this, a person should always dress neatly, professionally, and appropriately.

The harsh reality is that we make decisions about other people within the first 3 seconds of meeting them. the next 90 seconds are spent trying to confirm our first impressions. So before you've even opened your mouth and uttered a word, you've been sized up and profiled. So with this in mind you should always dress to impress. :-) That's my philosophy of life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorian gray)
    Tells me:
    forgetful - he forgot his socks
    tired - he's slouching
    vein - he bought glasses that look good, when clearly they aren't the right prescription. I mean look at how he has to squint just to make out the floor.

ReputationRep:
    Meh. I think it matters if you're in a nightclub or whatever - but I pick up girls on the street fairly often - and I invariably have on an old pair of jeans and a fleece jacket, or baggy shorts and a wifebeater - I think as long as you're dressed 'normally', its not really a dealbreaker.

Oh and PS - I wouldn't bother asking women for advice on what they like - you won't get a straight answer, ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Local_United_Fan)
    Meh. I think it matters if you're in a nightclub or whatever - but I pick up girls on the street fairly often - and I invariably have on an old pair of jeans and a fleece jacket, or baggy shorts and a wifebeater - I think as long as you're dressed 'normally', its not really a dealbreaker.

Oh and PS - I wouldn't bother asking women for advice on what they like - you won't get a straight answer, ever.
    Yeah but they don't care what you're wearing when you're paying :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Pascal Grob! He's darling.

I'm into fashion so I notice it a lot, but I believe that "well-dressed" means different things to different people. Basically, as long as his clothes suit him and he looks good, I don't care if they're 'trendy'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arteta)
    Yeah but they don't care what you're wearing when you're paying :ninja:
    Lolz were not had.

Really though - not making a 100% fantastic first impression can work in your favour...cos you can then exceed her expectations. And 'trendy' nowadays just means 'the same as everyone else' so **** it, I'll wear what I want and she'll be glad I stopped to talk to her.

ReputationRep:
    The moral of the story is just wear suits all the time lads.

& It shouldn't matter that much because you can always change what you're wearing, or let your girlfriend choose

ReputationRep:
    I think a guy can look more attractive if he dresses well, but not in a pretentious way, just in clothes that fit properly e.g. jeans that are the right length and not awful baggy tracksuits.

ReputationRep:
    Wear a t-shirt that says SEX OFFENDER on the front.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say that a good dress-sense is nice, but not very important. As far as looks are concerned, his physical appearance is far more important than his clothes. Dress-senses can easily be improved, whereas altering the rest of one's appearance takes a bit of work, to say the least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harleygrant)
    Pascal Grob! He's darling.

I'm into fashion so I notice it a lot, but I believe that "well-dressed" means different things to different people. Basically, as long as his clothes suit him and he looks good, I don't care if they're 'trendy'.
    (Original post by Oh snap!)
    if i saw a guy dressed like this, i would assume he is just flat out gay.
    (Original post by BlueLips)
    :love:

Although, I think that the folded up trousers are a bit to much..
    (Original post by lm_wfc)
    Tells me:
    forgetful - he forgot his socks
    tired - he's slouching
    vein - he bought glasses that look good, when clearly they aren't the right prescription. I mean look at how he has to squint just to make out the floor.
    It's funny because I got warned for posting that picture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Ferdi)
    The moral of the story is just wear suits all the time lads.
    That's not really terribly practical ...

ReputationRep:
    It's funny because I got warned for posting that picture.
    Why?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.