Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm a mature student ( 33) who will be going straight into 2nd year at Glasgow uni, having done enough work via the OU to skip 1st year. Has anyone else gone straigh into 2nd year? I'm a bit nervous of what to expect.

ReputationRep:
    What subject did you do?

ReputationRep:
    I'll be starting (Mathematics) in 2010 at Glasgow, aged 25, and have been looking into their new "Faster Route" option (removing 1 year from the degree by studying 120 credits of your main subject for 3 years). I've done a couple of OU courses in preperation, too. If i dont do that i'll probably skip 1st year - as much as i like the prospect of studying other subjects to only satisfy my interest, finishing a year early is benificial in many aspects and wins out.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies everyone.

I will be doing theology and religious studies. I did Religious studies at the OU.

Ivars, The idea of taking notes in lectures is a bit worrying. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it in my last year lol.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 6, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.