Turn on thread page Beta

Fresher fair 2009 - what do you expect from a sport stall watch

ReputationRep:
    We are starting to think about our stall for fresher fair 2009 and I was putting it out to you guys to suggest what you expect to see on a fresher stall. So suggestions please
    Oh yeah were a taekwondo club and it will be our first fist fair after being running a year.

ReputationRep:
    In my experience, freshers stalls that hand out free stuff always draws in the crowds- sweets are good. For sports- why don't you have a pressup competiton, and hand out small prizes to the winners? Should generate interest.

ReputationRep:
    bump
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    We normally have a video of our sport running on a laptop to show people what our sport is about and what they could achieve(it's all (ex)club members on the video). We also have people in club clothing and sports gear. If you've got room (not always possible), demonstrations are always good fun. Well placed information on training times/venues is always good (and maybe with joining fees if your fees aren't too high to put people off). That's all I can think of right now!

ReputationRep:
    yo, we are doing the same thing at my old uni - from past stalls i have been on from taekwondo, its always good to have people in full dobok (and if you are wtf: chest guard) and then bring along a couple of thin breaking boards and just have fun during the freshers fair, make sure you have a good demographic being seen - like a couple of good grades with great kicks and show off hook/ axe kicks, and then haveacouple ofyellow belt type levels to show a more realistic student examples. Do some fake fights have a couple of girls as well as guys cos otherwise you may appearscary.

Our idea this year is to have a street team, sowearing hoodies all week (always wear your hoodies in the first week) and wear tshirts or hoodies out to the freshers activities

Give out loads of flyers, loads and loads of flyers - and its best to have flyers which have your people on it - we had a stretchy one, a normal one and one of a yellow belt in fight kicking someone in the head.

have the belts on show and so some stuff, as a huge general idea, you want to go ffrom angles - fitness training, sparring, cool kicks, flexibility, having fun, going out...

sound like good ideas?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.