Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

People that've been in (or are in) a gay relationship Watch

ReputationRep:
    How/where did you meet your partner? How did you tell them you're gay and know that they're gay? Are you and your partner really confident with social situations or just average?

I'm only asking the following because the student press in York says that the LGBT club there is quite sexual: how good looking would you class yourselves? I know there's no objective scale but whatever.

Any thoughts on this, and your relationships (how good is it?) would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I have never been in a gay relationship but I respect people's sexual orientation to the fullest extent possible :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Well mine is great, if that helps any? Completely loved up, I suppose you could say, with a dream of a guy. He's not camp, he's not superficial, he's not immature, he's not bland. I have been and always will be incredibly taken with his character, his charisma, etc.

To answer your questions, I would say that we're both confident and assertive people and so we'd probably be confident in most social situations? At least I would be. He is incredibly stunning, yet I'm probably on the upper end of average (where I'm happy to be!). Umm, lol, yeah. I don't enjoy the gay scene, and I hate the sound of that 'sexual' club. I guess he's the same, and perhaps that is why we're well suited?

Why is it that you're asking? I mat be able to give you a better answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    I have never been in a gay relationship but I respect people's sexual orientation to the fullest extent possible :yep:
    Nice one!

(Original post by dannymccormick)
    Well mine is great, if that helps any? Completely loved up, I suppose you could say, with a dream of a guy. He's not camp, he's not superficial, he's not immature, he's not bland. I have been and always will be incredibly taken with his character, his charisma, etc.

To answer your questions, I would say that we're both confident and assertive people and so we'd probably be confident in most social situations? At least I would be. He is incredibly stunning, yet I'm probably on the upper end of average (where I'm happy to be!). Umm, lol, yeah. I don't enjoy the gay scene, and I hate the sound of that 'sexual' club. I guess he's the same, and perhaps that is why we're well suited?

Why is it that you're asking? I mat be able to give you a better answer.
    Thanks for the post. That sounds awesome, I'm really envious.

How did you guys meet? I'm asking because I came out a few months ago to my best friend who unfortunately is straight and I'm in love with, so I'm trying to meet some gay people so that I can get over him. And also because of course, love is the best thing ever and it seems like everyone else has found it and I haven't it (and it's way harder to meet someone gay).

The question about looks I asked because I'd say I'm average to quite good (but not very) looking and you know how gay people are stereotyped to be superficial so was just wondering how true it was!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Usar)
    Nice one!

Thanks for the post. That sounds awesome, I'm really envious.

How did you guys meet? I'm asking because I came out a few months ago to my best friend who unfortunately is straight and I'm in love with, so I'm trying to meet some gay people so that I can get over him. And also because of course, love is the best thing ever and it seems like everyone else has found it and I haven't it (and it's way harder to meet someone gay).

The question about looks I asked because I'd say I'm average to quite good (but not very) looking and you know how gay people are stereotyped to be superficial so was just wondering how true it was!
    Yeah, I sent you a private message. But what I will tell you on here is that there are a multitude of superficial and lecherous gay guys who are incredibly fake tanned with perfectly gelled hair. Only, they make me feel a bit ill, and they should make you feel ill too. You shouldn't have to worry about your looks, only you will do around these sort of people. You can do much better than those sort of gays, I promise you!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry just a bump.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I sent you a private message. But what I will tell you on here is that there are a multitude of superficial and lecherous gay guys who are incredibly fake tanned with perfectly gelled hair. Only, they make me feel a bit ill, and they should make you feel ill too. You shouldn't have to worry about your looks, only you will do around these sort of people. You can do much better than those sort of gays, I promise you!
    You are in my queue for pos rep with this post!

ReputationRep:
    Im not a lesbian, but most of my friends are. And its so true, they are SO much more sexual. It doesnt help that one of them fancies me, and whenever we get drunk she tries to hit on me :eek: (thats putting it lightly)
    But ofc not all of them are like this! Love the lesbians :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I work at a gay bar; no better way to attract a girl's attention than that! :p:

I don't enjoy the gay scene, and I hate the sound of that 'sexual' club. I guess he's the same, and perhaps that is why we're well suited?
    I've met many gay couples who can't stand the whole 'gay scene' either, and I guess I wasn't bothered about it when I was in love with my ex girlfriend too. Then we split, and now it's like a drug but totally see where you're coming from; you sound really happy : )

EDIT: LOL gay bar, not gay bay :redface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robbo3045)
    You are in my queue for pos rep with this post!

Lol. I'm not sure what 'pos rep' means, but it sounds fascinating! :shock:. It's funny, because I'm gay and yet I really find most gay people irritating. I have less tolerance than some straight people do :yes:, especially for this little ***** boy who comes into COSTA (I work there) carrying a handbag on his foreharm. I feel this overwhelming feeling of despair.

He is not so bad as the lascivious hareems in the club though. *grin* They will literally stick it in any orifice they can find. As Elton would say, it's a 'sad sad situation' *smiles*

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes you can just tell that a person is gay a mile off They don't have to be super camp or butch...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onion Terror)
    I once met a guy off Gaydar (dreadful site) who said he also disliked campness and femininity, and described himself as 'masculine'. Needless to say, when we met IRL he was an absolute queen and I was devastated and shocked at such blatant deception.
    You should have sued him under the trade descriptions act.

OP, gay relationships are just like any other relationships.

You'll have days where you love each other, where you're happy or sad and where you want to ******* kill each other.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. I'm not sure what 'pos rep' means, but it sounds fascinating! :shock:. It's funny, because I'm gay and yet I really find most gay people irritating. I have less tolerance than some straight people do :yes:, especially for this little ***** boy who comes into COSTA (I work there) carrying a handbag on his foreharm. I feel this overwhelming feeling of despair.

He is not so bad as the lascivious hareems in the club though. *grin* They will literally stick it in any orifice they can find. As Elton would say, it's a 'sad sad situation' *smiles*
    hahaha! TSR reputation (The E-Penis) is that green or red gems on your posts - if people like your posts they give you Positive rep, which gives you bigger e-penis growth, or if they give you negative rep, it decreases.

In regards to the topic, I feel irritated to be born in to such a community. I don't think I will ever come out to my parents because I don't like what it is to be gay. The ***** boys are everywhere. When I told a few friends at Uni, they were in disbelief... they were like... 'you can't be'.

It's quite funny really, but sad sad sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robbo3045)
    In regards to the topic, I feel irritated to be born in to such a community. I don't think I will ever come out to my parents because I don't like what it is to be gay. The ***** boys are everywhere. When I told a few friends at Uni, they were in disbelief... they were like... 'you can't be'.

It's quite funny really, but sad sad sad.
    It's a real shame that you are unable to come out to your parents. I agree, certain gays do give homosexuality a bad name. I don't understaaaaaaand. Why is it that they can't love men without trying to turn themselves into women. It's as if the femms are trying to uphold the traditional gender roles by turning themselves into 'the woman'.

But still, there's nothing wrong with being attracted to guys. At least your parents won't think you're gender-confused :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not gay, but I've been to gay bars, pubs and clubs just because that's where we've ended up (gay friends, fancied a change). To be honest, it's not all full of queens and losers, I'd say the majority are fairly normal, with varying degrees of campness and sceneness. Even then, if you're willing to see past the ******** most of them are fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Usar)
    How/where did you meet your partner? How did you tell them you're gay and know that they're gay? Are you and your partner really confident with social situations or just average?

I'm only asking the following because the student press in York says that the LGBT club there is quite sexual: how good looking would you class yourselves? I know there's no objective scale but whatever.

Any thoughts on this, and your relationships (how good is it?) would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Well I am not gay...but my gay friend meets all these guys from social networks such as myspace and facebook.
    Some are nice but most are weird..I think they are taking advantage of him.

ReputationRep:
    Fancy a date? http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/p.gif
    :lolwut: how dare you cheat on me

:whip:

ReputationRep:
    You sound just like me. In fact I'm constantly having to come out in every new arena that I'm in, and it's always the same reaction of surprise. For about a year it was entertaining, now it's just 'okay get over it'.

haha yes! Also it's a bit difficult finding men, or the ones I want. They act straight and I act straight... so nobody questions it! So it can be a tad difficult, but i've found them previously so...

ReputationRep:
    Not in a relationship at the mo. I refuse to meet people online (I don't want to admit i'm that desperate ) and because I dont really like that scene thing gay guys I meet end up as friends rather than lovers most of the time. Gutted. Girls flirt with me all the time though which is even more frustrating haha.

Having said that i'm probably the worst boyfriend material in the world so it's for the best.

ReputationRep:
    You negged me, you beast. That's just unforgivable.
    But you said you loved me :cry:

Oh well, Nick_000 will have to do...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.