Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

People that've been in (or are in) a gay relationship watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Usar)
    How/where did you meet your partner? How did you tell them you're gay and know that they're gay? Are you and your partner really confident with social situations or just average?

I'm only asking the following because the student press in York says that the LGBT club there is quite sexual: how good looking would you class yourselves? I know there's no objective scale but whatever.

Any thoughts on this, and your relationships (how good is it?) would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

I met my (ex) partner online. He is not really too comfortable with social situations when it comes to letting it known that he is gay, i.e. holding my hand. I'm perfectly comfortable with this as long as it doesn't get me into too much danger.

My relationships are very good, too! I find because we LGBT folk often go through the same kind of things that we often have a lot to relate to potential partners with.

From experience, and from what friends say, I don't think either gay relationships nor straight ones are harder overall. It's just that gay relationships have particular problems to them that straight ones don't have, and straight ones have problems that gay ones don't have.

(Original post by Onion Terror)
    I once met a guy off Gaydar (dreadful site) who said he also disliked campness and femininity, and described himself as 'masculine'. Needless to say, when we met IRL he was an absolute queen and I was devastated and shocked at such blatant deception.

Eugghhhh... all the men on there are basically like this: "Hi. Are we in bed yet?"

Disgusting, vulgar, destitute excuses for what a gay man could be. I'm glad that the people on this thread are challenging the stereotype of not being so desperate and shallow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spacecam)
    But you said you loved me :cry:

Oh well, Nick_000 will have to do...
    :hmmm:

Second best?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/hmmm.gif

Second best?
    Of course not - I believe I even promised to show you my e-Willy :p:

ReputationRep:
    I love how much of a sausage fest this thread is. Awaits for the lesbians to invade.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sausage always tastes better with tuna!
    :zomg:

Anything but tuna

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sausage always tastes better with tuna!
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robbo3045)
    I love how much of a sausage fest this thread is. Awaits for the lesbians to invade.
    :bhangra:

ReputationRep:
    Every camp gay guy I know doesn't seem to be putting it on. What's wrong with freedom of expression? I don't think it's fair to condemn 'queens' as being
    (Original post by bennh)
    Disgusting, vulgar, destitute excuses for what a gay man could be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden-flower)
    :bhangra:

:afraid:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :sneakydevil:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Katie*)
    Every camp gay guy I know doesn't seem to be putting it on. What's wrong with freedom of expression? I don't think it's fair to condemn 'queens' as being
    No, not the campness, the "omg i want to have sex with you this instant even though I don't even know your name", which is the majority of people on Gaydar. [ I edited it to clarify :p: ]

I know they don't put it on =]

ReputationRep:

:vroam:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Welcome Squad
    You called?

My girlfriend was my high school friend. The girl before her was a college friend. The girl before her was a gay youth club friend. I'm completely anti-scene so if I didn't meet them from friendship groups, I wouldn't have met them. I've been with my wifey for 5 and half years now :yes: My gay BFF gets his boys from college, friends of friends and a few used to be found online. And yes, I did just make his boyfriends sound like fashion accessories :p:

Generally, just avoid online dating of any sort unless you want uber camp sex addicts or creepy old men.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afro Sauce)
    I don't understand why anyone would even think of being gay?

I mean society will never accept you, most gays are rabid with STI's and it's just unnaturally futile, this artificial coupling. I mean, how can a true man possibly naturally resist tits/bums/vags?!

Try not to be in a gay relationship OP. It's dangerous and wrong.
    They are no more rabid than you or I. I'd love to find out how you decided that 'most gays' are infected with sexually transmitted diseases. I imagine that you let your own idealisms decide that for you, without even having an acute awareness of the difference between straight and gay infections. Making those sweeping statements makes you appear the foolish one.

ReputationRep:
    They are no more rabid than you or I. I'd love to find out how you decided that 'most gays' are infected with sexually transmitted diseases. I imagine that you let your own idealisms decide that for you, without even having an acute awareness of the difference between straight and gay infections. Making those sweeping statements makes you appear the foolish one.
    It's a simple fact that everyone knows. Which is why gays can't donate blood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veggie4life)
    ... I refuse to meet people online (I don't want to admit I'm that desperate ) and because I don't really like that scene thing, gay guys I meet end up as friends rather than lovers most of the time.
    It depends how you meet them online I met the most amazing person online, and we both don't really like the whole scene thing, and we even ended up having a relationship. I adore him to this day - I thank [expletive] for the internet sometimes! Not that I use the internet for this purpose, on purpose, I assure you (if that makes any sense).

ReputationRep:
    Which is why gays can't donate blood.
    Even said as "in a nutshell", that statement is wrong.

ReputationRep:

Gay and bisexual MEN can't donate blood because MEN are more high-risk, and there are TWO in the equation.

The reason why they don't allow us to donate blood is because they can't afford to screen all the blood properly. They do a pretty fair job, but it's not as thorough as it might be because it's too expensive. That's why they cut their losses and gay and bisexual men, intravenous drug users and other higher-risk groups lose out.

Don't be such a bigot.

I don't understand why anyone would even think of being gay?
    Thinking doesn't come into it. Did you "think" one day that "I think I shall be straight" ? Thought not.

Neither did we.

</owned>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bennh)
    Gay and bisexual MEN can't donate blood because MEN are more high-risk, and there are TWO in the equation.

The reason why they don't allow us to donate blood is because they can't afford to screen all the blood properly. They do a pretty fair job, but it's not as thorough as it might be because it's too expensive. That's why they cut their losses and gay and bisexual men, intravenous drug users and other higher-risk groups lose out.

Don't be such a bigot.

Thinking doesn't come into it. Did you "think" one day that "I think I shall be straight" ? Thought not.

Neither did we.

</owned>
    Yes, but straight men are allowed to. /owned

Why can't they afford to screen all the blood properly? Because gay men are 11 times more likely to be nursing STI's. /owned.

It's not natural. End of. If anything, it's natures way of getting rid of silly people from actively intellegent, breeding race.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but straight men are allowed to. /owned

Why can't they afford to screen all the blood properly? Because gay men are 11 times more likely to be nursing STI's. /owned.

It's not natural. End of. If anything, it's natures way of getting rid of silly people from actively intellegent, breeding race.
    I, and others, have already explained why the nonsensical opinion you have of what gay people are and what they are and aren't allowed to do is ridiculous.

I am too lazy to sit here and tell you again in more simple terms why you are wrong, so you may as well get it over with and call us all stupid unnatural idiots because we aren't "like you" i.e. part of the so-called "breeding population". Because everyone knows that every single relationship is only made for breeding. NOT.

Now if you know what's good for the skin on the tips of your fingers, move along to somewhere where your dribble might be appreciated as something that it quite clearly is not, that being worth listening to.

ReputationRep:
    If it is a fact you should have a sufficient source to back up your remarks by a reputable organisation.

To ensure the safety of patients, they cut out anyone AT RISK. As HIV, a blood born virus is spread through unprotected anal sex, they do not let gay people or people who have had anal sex give blood because of the increased risk of infection. Because HIV is not always picked up until after 6 months. So in effect, the blood can not really be screened for HIV, unless they were infected over 6 months ago.

However the biggest worry to me is that HIV is nearly as prominent in the straight and african community.

In 2006, an estimated 24,500 black Africans were living with HIV in the UK.

In 2007 - there we're 4260 new people diagnosed with HIV , of which over 1000 diagnosed conracted HIV through heterosexual sex.

(SOURCE: HPA.ORG.UK)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.