Turn on thread page Beta

People that've been in (or are in) a gay relationship watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onion Terror)
    Heh, after crying about racism in the London thread you decide to come in here and spew your vitriol about gays. How awesome are you? Move along now.
    racism in london?

wtf?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robbo3045)
    If it is a fact you should have a sufficient source to back up your remarks by a reputable organisation.

To ensure the safety of patients, they cut out anyone AT RISK. As HIV, a blood born virus is spread through unprotected anal sex, they do not let gay people or people who have had anal sex give blood because of the increased risk of infection. Because HIV is not always picked up until after 6 months. So in effect, the blood can not really be screened for HIV, unless they were infected over 6 months ago.

However the biggest worry to me is that HIV is nearly as prominent in the straight and african community.

In 2006, an estimated 24,500 black Africans were living with HIV in the UK.

In 2007 - there we're 4260 new people diagnosed with HIV , of which over 1000 diagnosed conracted HIV through heterosexual sex.

(SOURCE: HPA.ORG.UK)
    1000 out of 4260?

So that leaves 3260/4260 from gay sex. Duh.

Get into as much as hissy fit as you want on the net, but what I'm saying is true. You'll always be looked down upon IRL in your lifetime. Shame

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afro Sauce)
    1000 out of 4260?

Get into as much as hissy fit as you want on the net, but what I'm saying is true. You'll always be looked down upon IRL in your lifetime. Shame
    So, you're saying AIDS can only be transmitted through sex (heterosexual and homosexual alike)? Obviously, the druggies reusing dirty needles are actually closet gays, bumming each other and using heroin as a cover, right? Grow the **** up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afro Sauce)
    1000 out of 4260?

No it does not you fool.

Have you not forgotten about transmission through infected needles, transmission through birth from parent to child. And also you have to factor in the amount from Black African races, on top of that 1060 odd infected through heterosexual SEX. Also all of these statistics have risen year upon year. You have no intelligence. Shame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    So, you're saying AIDS can only be transmitted through sex (heterosexual and homosexual alike)? Obviously, the druggies reusing dirty needles are actually closet gays, bumming each other and using heroin as a cover, right? Grow the **** up.
    Damn you got there before me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robbo3045)
    Damn you got there before me!
    Ninja-ed! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    You must definitely have the highest rep per post ratio on here! 7 gems after 15 posts. That's pretty decent man!
    Sadly it's all but worthless with 15 posts. Meaning I have to leave the safety of the LGBT chat and actually post in the normal forum to raise my post count. ******* rules

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sausage always tastes better with tuna!
    Meat and fish should never be mixed. :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spacecam)
    :lolwut: how dare you cheat on me

:lolwut: I thought you were mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    :hmmm:

Second best?
    You'll always be my number one. :yep: :p:

ReputationRep:
    I once met a guy off Gaydar (dreadful site) who said he also disliked campness and femininity, and described himself as 'masculine'. Needless to say, when we met IRL he was an absolute queen and I was devastated and shocked at such blatant deception.
    Was he a "virgin" too? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ataloss)
    You'll always be my number one. :yep: :p:
    :kissing2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Usar)
    How/where did you meet your partner? How did you tell them you're gay and know that they're gay? Are you and your partner really confident with social situations or just average?

I'm only asking the following because the student press in York says that the LGBT club there is quite sexual: how good looking would you class yourselves? I know there's no objective scale but whatever.

Any thoughts on this, and your relationships (how good is it?) would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    After 4 naughty posts I suppose I ought to reply to OP.

Met other half at work and have been together almost 5 years. :eek3: As for finding out he was gay it is just an added aspect to the getting to know somebody conversation.

We both dislike public displays of affection but are more than happy in social situations - i.e- parties, go on holidays, out for dinner etc etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Usar)
    How/where did you meet your partner? How did you tell them you're gay and know that they're gay? Are you and your partner really confident with social situations or just average?

I'm only asking the following because the student press in York says that the LGBT club there is quite sexual: how good looking would you class yourselves? I know there's no objective scale but whatever.

Any thoughts on this, and your relationships (how good is it?) would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    I met my girlfriend at an LGBT event at uni. So it was obvious we both liked girls. I would say I'm really confident in social situations and she is a shade less confident, which is partly to do with the fact that she's a lesbian with short hair who used to live rurally, so has had quite a lot of hostility in the past, whereas I'm bisexual and feminine and in a liberal environment.

People say that the LGBT society in Bristol is sexual too - but it's not entirely true. OBVIOUSLY people hook up, because it's one of the only places you can go where you actually know people will feel the same way! But I was surprised at how little went on. And definitely not very many one night stand type things. People are mainly just friends, but it's perfectly possible to go there looking for a relationship.

And my relationship is lovely! About 8 months in now. And I'm damned good looking :p: . Well, no, but I definitely don't look like a lesbian, and am, you know, fine.

ReputationRep:
    I'd doubt that very much, to be honest. :p:

Virginity has not meaning on there, it's a bad place.
    Sorry my tongue in cheek joke didn't work very well.

Perhaps if I had said "was he a "virgin" with a "12 inch penis" too?" - it might have been a better and more obvious joke. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden-flower)
    I work at a gay bar; no better way to attract a girl's attention than that! :p:

I've met many gay couples who can't stand the whole 'gay scene' either, and I guess I wasn't bothered about it when I was in love with my ex girlfriend too. Then we split, and now it's like a drug but totally see where you're coming from; you sound really happy : )

EDIT: LOL gay bar, not gay bay :redface:
    I well agree with this..When your with someone the "gay bay" scene seems *****y and not worth bothering.. It is quite clicky and *****y - sometimes the guys have worse drama than the girls! Buttttt, I can't help but go. Haha.

I've had a few girlfriends..One I met at college, she WAS 'straight', another I met out in the village, most people our age are unsure of their sexuality, soooo..When in Rome!

x
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Sorry my tongue in cheek joke didn't work very well.

Perhaps if I had said "was he a "virgin" with a "12 inch penis" too?" - it might have been a better and more obvious joke. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i.../getmecoat.gif
    Obvious joke was obvious :yes:

ReputationRep:
    http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ies/lolwut.gif I thought you were mine.
    Uh oh - TSR love octagon :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    No sorry it was good I did pick up on it.

I assume that OP has rejected my offer of a date with his silence...
    To be fair his username "Usar" (useeeeeeerrrr) didn't bode well for a fruitful relationship. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spacecam)
    Uh oh - TSR love octagon :teeth:
    You've only got a love octagon :rolleyes: - I've got a TSR love dodecagon. :coma: :awesome:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2010

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.