People that've been in (or are in) a gay relationship Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spacecam)
    They're all seedy - even TSR, especially at meets :ninja:
    A voice of experience this one

ReputationRep:
    They're all seedy - even TSR, especially at meets :ninja:
    At the last meet - I earned 100 rep points, got 2 warning points and urethral discharge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ataloss)
    At the last meet - I earned 100 rep points, got 2 warning points and urethral discharge.
    Just 100? Goodness me - you're affordable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Usar)
    Sorry about the late reply!

Anyway thanks for replying.

If Gaydar is so bad (one of my straight friends said I should use it cause his friend said it was good...) what site 's better, if there are any? I'm going to retry my uni LGBT when I go back and hopefully meet some people there.

And thanks for the offer Onion Terror, but I probably should become more confident first!

BTW, what does BFF mean?
    Don't use dating sites for any sort of meaningful relationships, whether it's boyfriends or friends. Personally I've had a few good dates+shags using them, and luckily for me the vast majority of the time the guys were cool. They're not all sex predators, and in fact are pretty genuine people you can talk to who won't really judge you.

But a friendship is difficult to sustain because you meet in a very awkward setting (i.e. an online dating site - not easy to explain to your mates) and more than likely don't have any mutual friends. Same goes for relationships. This is something I've learned the hard way :yes:

ReputationRep:
    MusicBloke offered me 1000 rep points - but I'm not that much of a rep whore. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Tut tut :reel:

ReputationRep:
    OOH it's you.

Well my rep points are saved up lol

ReputationRep:
    OOH it's you.

Well my rep points are saved up lol
    It's OK I give discounts for special members.

(Original post by dannymccormick)
    Lol. I'm not sure what 'pos rep' means, but it sounds fascinating! :shock:. It's funny, because I'm gay and yet I really find most gay people irritating. I have less tolerance than some straight people do :yes:, especially for this little ***** boy who comes into COSTA (I work there) carrying a handbag on his foreharm. I feel this overwhelming feeling of despair.

He is not so bad as the lascivious hareems in the club though. *grin* They will literally stick it in any orifice they can find. As Elton would say, it's a 'sad sad situation' *smiles*
    Thank you. This pretty much sums up my attitude to most gay people I meet.

Sad ***** who let there lives be dictated by such an incredibly minor, flexible and unimportant bit of their personality. It's a sign of insecurity, of a feeling that they're not willing to fight for themselves and be themselves. Rather than having any sort of ingrained self-respect, they let go of their identities and personalities completely and adopt this hollow, media-dictated and peer-enforced, dim and frustrating, communal shadow of an identity.

It drives me crazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nugax)
    Thank you. This pretty much sums up my attitude to most gay people I meet.

Sad ***** who let there lives be dictated by such an incredibly minor, flexible and unimportant bit of their personality. It's a sign of insecurity, of a feeling that they're not willing to fight for themselves and be themselves. Rather than having any sort of ingrained self-respect, they let go of their identities completely and adopt this communal, hollow, media-dictated and peer-enforced, overtly feminine identity.

It drives me crazy.
    A very very broad generalisation don't you think? There are homosexuals who have that attitude to overtly iffeminate gays - I for one can't stand them...

ReputationRep:
    Are there actually any websites where normal gay people go ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happy Kid)
    Certainly not TSR :ninja:

There are plenty of "normal" people on Gaydar, sure there are some nutters but the guys I've generally made proper friends with are thoroughly decent and we have a lot in common.

You get exactly what you're looking for, which is what GayDar advertises.

ReputationRep:
    Define "normal gay people"?

ReputationRep:
    Certainly not TSR :ninja:

There are plenty of "normal" people on Gaydar, sure there are some nutters but the guys I've generally made proper friends with are thoroughly decent and we have a lot in common.

You get exactly what you're looking for, which is what GayDar advertises.
    What happens if your an elderly man and want to prey on young teenager wat sites would they use?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=874972

ReputationRep:
    Yes yes yes :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    What happens if your an elderly man and want to prey on young teenager wat sites would they use?
    All the ones I've listed! You need to be careful.

A very very broad generalisation don't you think? There are homosexuals who have that attitude to overtly iffeminate gays - I for one can't stand them...
    I've amended my post - as a scope on femininity is not quite broad enough, neither the real reason for my frustration. It is a lack of self, a willingness to let go of what you are and have your life dictated by something truly incidental, decidedly unimportant and frustratingly arbitrary.

There is a reason why I wait 3 weeks after I get to know someone to have them find out about my sexuality - should it happen to come up. It is because if they find out before that span of time, it will significantly taint your relationship with that person with unintentional preconceptions, unintended prejudices and uncomplicated attitudes to sexuality.

There is a reason why this significant slice of the homosexual population frustrates me beyond belief - and aside from self-interest as outlined above, it is also the fact that these kids have given up, have decided that living your live along the lines of what this society expects of them is very easy. They take the easy route of abandoning the fight and conforming with what the wider world expects them to be. They give up what they are and become complacent with this shoddy sham of a personality.

What they do not realise is that by doing this, they perpetuate precisely this image that the society at large expects of us.

Once again, it drives me up the wall. Not only does it make my life significantly and unnecessarily more complicated, it is merely to accomdate these people not being themselves. It is a generalisation - but not unfair one. But I see we share a common opinion on this. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Im under 18 wat sites can i use?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nugax)
    I've amended my post - as a scope on femininity is not quite broad enough, neither the real reason for my frustration. It is a lack of self, a willingness to let go of what you are and have your life dictated by something truly incidental, decidedly unimportant and frustratingly arbitrary.

There is a reason why I wait 3 weeks after I get to know someone to have them find out about my sexuality - should it happen to come up. It is because if they find out before that span of time, it will significantly taint your relationship with that person with unintentional preconceptions, unintended prejudices and uncomplicated attitudes to sexuality.

There is a reason why this significant slice of the homosexual population frustrates me beyond belief - and aside from self-interest as outlined above, it is also the fact that these kids have given up, have decided that living your live along the lines of what this society expects of them is very easy. They take the easy route of abandoning the fight and conforming with what the wider world expects them to be. They give up what they are and become complacent with this shoddy sham of a personality.

What they do not realise is that by doing this, they perpetuate precisely this image that the society at large expects of us.

Once again, it drives me up the wall. Not only does it make my life significantly and unnecessarily more complicated, it is merely to accomdate these people not being themselves. It is a generalisation - but not unfair one. But I see we share a common opinion on this. :yes:
    I almost agree with you but I personally feel there a few flaws in your argument.

Your argument, almost subconsciously, conforms to this ideology of a "gay community". This theory that has come to pass somehow that by being gay you will invariably hold something more in common with other gay people than simply being attracted to those of the same sex. I find this a flawed concept - there are many gay people I have nothing in common with at all.

I agree with you in that I find it upsetting that some people live to be gay and believe that in itself that means they are outcast from making a useful contribution to society. I agree being gay is not in itself a defining characteristic. Clearly this isn't the case and is still a blight from which a small number of gay people suffer.

As for iffeminate gays - it isn't for me but as long as they are happy and not harming anybody - who cares?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.