Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls: Do you get jealous when a female you know gets lots of male attention? Watch

• View Poll Results: Male attention for females - jealous?
    Yes, all the time
    18.52%
    Sometimes
    50.00%
    No, never
    5.56%
    I'm a guy
    25.93%

ReputationRep:
    Boys obviously love the vast majority of girls but we love some more than others. These are the ones that get the most attention from us. Does this leave a feeling of jealousy in another girl who is getting comparatively less male attention?

Poll included :woo:

edit: forgot to include "I'm a lesbian" in the poll. I'm sure you can fit in the convo without answering the poll

ReputationRep:
    Depends on which type of man the other girl is attracting :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Generally, yes.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes. Depends on the guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Sometimes. Depends on the guys.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the guy and the girl. Guy I like giving attention to any girl thats not me - yeah of course.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, me and my friends attract wierd guys :P. I've got a boyfriend anyway, so if they get attention, i'm happy for them.

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't really notice much. I live in a little dream

you should be all happy for each other, atleast all guys arent turning gay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    you should be all happy for each other, atleast all guys arent turning gay
    this is very true.

My best friend is stunning. Tall, slim and absolutely gorgeous. Obviously she gets a LOT of male attention and sometimes you can't help but feel like the ugly best friend. I know I'm not ugly but I feel it in comparison and it can get you down and make you jealous sometimes. But then I realise we are all different for a reason and it would be boring if we were all the same

Also, she has a boyfriend now so it's not so bad anymore

ReputationRep:
    My best friend is stunning. Tall, slim and absolutely gorgeous. Obviously she gets a LOT of male attention and sometimes you can't help but feel like the ugly best friend.
    Yes. I know. This! So much.
    It sucks. I don't generally mind it but it gets a bit frustrating especially when the guy is really cute.

ReputationRep:
    But then I realise we are all different for a reason and it would be boring if we were all the same
    If you accompany this belief with staring at a photo of your gorgeous friend and shouting '****!' over and over in your mind then you might believe this even more effectively.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely depending on the guy... not all of you are worth the attention you know!!

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I'm very secure and fine with the amount of attention I get. You only really need the attention of one guy in the long-run anyways.

ReputationRep:
    My best friend is stunning. Tall, slim and absolutely gorgeous. Obviously she gets a LOT of male attention and sometimes you can't help but feel like the ugly best friend. I know I'm not ugly but I feel it in comparison and it can get you down and make you jealous sometimes. But then I realise we are all different for a reason and it would be boring if we were all the same

Also, she has a boyfriend now so it's not so bad anymore
    You should use her as bait.

ReputationRep:
    does piss me off though if ur clubbing or something and some guy goes up to ur mate and starts grinding or w/e and ur kinda dancing with...nobody...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.