Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I bought the Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment the other day for 'hair that doesn't grow past a certain length' and it claims to help your hair grow faster! I wondered if anyone else has used it and did it actually work? And if it did how long till you started seeing results?

ReputationRep:
    I use it every so often. I don't think theres any way it could actually make your hair grow faster though. I guess the best it can do is to make your hair stronger, so it doesn't break off as much and so gets longer that way. It is really good as a conditioner though, it makes my hair really soft.

Personally I think the only possible way to actually maximise hair growth is from within, so lots of water, a healthy diet, and specific vitamins. And I heard that scalp massages work too, because they increase blood flow to the scalp.

ReputationRep:
    I used this a while ago, I think it's a really good hair treatment but I don't think it made my hair grow any quicker. I don't think any products can really stimulate hair growth to be honest. It is a very good conditioning treatment though and I would certainly buy it again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyR123)
    I bought the Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment the other day for 'hair that doesn't grow past a certain length' and it claims to help your hair grow faster! I wondered if anyone else has used it and did it actually work? And if it did how long till you started seeing results?
    If you want your hair to grow longer and stronger you should take vitamins(biotin), moisturise your hair (by using products that contain glycerine) and do weekly protein treatments (as it will make your hair stronger).

I used to rinse my hair with tea, I know it sounds a little weird but it made my hair grow like a weed! you can google it if you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pina.Love)
    If you want your hair to grow longer and stronger you should take vitamins(biotin), moisturise your hair (by using products that contain glycerine) and do weekly protein treatments (as it will make your hair stronger).

I used to rinse my hair with tea, I know it sounds a little weird but it made my hair grow like a weed! you can google it if you want.
    Tea on hair? Seriously? Details please...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nik987)
    Tea on hair? Seriously? Details please...!
    LOL. I know, very odd.
    I looked it up and coffee and tea rinses are good because for hair growth because it increase blood circulation on the scalp which increases the hair growth cycle. Well its the caffeine that does it.
    I remember there is lab research going on for male baldness apparently its helping but the research isn't finished.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pina.Love)
    LOL. I know, very odd.
    I looked it up and coffee and tea rinses are good because for hair growth because it increase blood circulation on the scalp which increases the hair growth cycle. Well its the caffeine that does it.
    I remember there is lab research going on for male baldness apparently its helping but the research isn't finished.
    Sounds good would it like colour blonde hair?
    Because I wouldn't fancy my hair turning tea or coffee coloured lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BabyGirl92)
    Sounds good would it like colour blonde hair?
    Because I wouldn't fancy my hair turning tea or coffee coloured lol.
    Erm I don't think so.
    You can rinse with coffee or tea leave for 5mins, then rinse with normal clear water.

ReputationRep:
    the tea thing is new to me...i shall look into it
    i've noticed the lee stafford treatment is really good at conditioning my hair...but if i have short hair..would it still make it grow faster?

ReputationRep:
    I recently had my hair cut short...and i discovered this. It's grown nearly an inch in under a week. I've been keeping an eye on it. Personally, I love it.

ReputationRep:
    Woah, 3 year old thread...

ReputationRep:
    Everyone I have spoken to about this has said it is a really good treatment but isn't a miracle worker when it comes to actual hair growth!

ReputationRep:
    I think it helps by strengthening and moisturising weak, brittle hair. I'm using it, not much change in growth but much better conditioned hair.

ReputationRep:
    Bringing this back because I've been using this stuff. I was told by my hairdresser that you should use products that contain protein for hair growth. If you have dry/damaged hair like mine then you will love the Lee Stafford stuff. I had been previously using moisturising shampoos and conditioners and kept seeing little bits of my hair breaking off but now I've switched to Lee Stafford's products for hair growth I haven't seen this. Obviously if your hair isn't snapping then you retain the growth. I think I am actually noticing an improvement in my hair condition and I swear it is growing a bit faster (or so it seems!) as a result.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.