Turn on thread page Beta

Do you wash your hands after you go to the toilet? watch

• View Poll Results: Washing your hands after the toilet?
    Yes, every time/almost every time
    77.88%
    Only after a #1/only after a #2
    6.19%
    Depends on where I am and/or how much time I have
    7.08%
    No, very rarely/never
    8.85%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truthandtragedy)
    Yes! Makes me feel physically sick to think of anyone not washing their hands. I just feel dirty if I don't wash them.
    Like your profile pic

ReputationRep:
    Yes, i hate seeing people walk out of public toilets after not washing there hands. I really want to just go punch them with my nice lovely just cleaned hands, there's no excuse not to wash them.

ReputationRep:
    EVERYtime. I can't imagine not washing my hands, that's just disgusting!

ReputationRep:
    your poll doesnt have the option "every time" .... i think its rank when people dont wash their hands even if its just a wee

ReputationRep:
    My friend is so obsessed with cleanliness and gets so angry with people not washing their hands he actually stopped a guy in the toilets once and asked him "are you going to wash your hands?" as he tried to leave without. The look on his face looked like he'd just caught him in bed with his mother.

ReputationRep:
    How can you not?

(Original post by Untitled258)
    Yes, i hate seeing people walk out of public toilets after not washing there hands. I really want to just go punch them with my nice lovely just cleaned hands, there's no excuse not to wash them.
    There is an excuse. It saves water. Imagine if everyone stopped washing their hands after the toilet. We would be more resistant to germs and illness and it would contribute less to global warming. This is why I don't wash my hands after the toilet.

ReputationRep:
    I dont know anybody who doesnt wash their hands after the loo, i go back sometimes coz im not even sure i did coz i cant rememeber as its such a second nature thing.

ReputationRep:
    yes
    always have
    always will

ReputationRep:
    Does licking them count as washing them? :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There is an excuse. It saves water. Imagine if everyone stopped washing their hands after the toilet. We would be more resistant to germs and illness and it would contribute less to global warming. This is why I don't wash my hands after the toilet.
    My immune system is fine, and i would rather wash my hands and use a bit of water, then walk around piss on my hands, which gets on my food and whatever.

And why post anonymous?

ReputationRep:
    I do everytime.

Sometimes even for no reason...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Yes. Every time.

ReputationRep:
    Course I do! I couldn't not!

(Original post by Untitled258)
    My immune system is fine, and i would rather wash my hands and use a bit of water, then walk around piss on my hands, which gets on my food and whatever.

And why post anonymous?
    How do you get p*** on your hands?! You must be bad at going to the toilet. All you're doing is touching a bit of skin, which you washed in the shower/bath that same day/the previous night.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to not piss on my hands.

ReputationRep:
    No, I like to go outside after and wipe my hands on random stranger's faces.

But really, yeah. Everytime. People who don't are disgusting!!

ReputationRep:
    most of the time. the exception is in clubs when you get those attendants trying to spray you with aftershave or give you paper towels then demanding money.

ReputationRep:
    Why would a girl have to wash her hands after peeing? i mean she doesnt touch ANYTHING. everyones like 'ewww', but i dont think you all are so spotless and clean. i try to wash my hands every time, but sometimes i really do not have time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How do you get p*** on your hands?! You must be bad at going to the toilet. All you're doing is touching a bit of skin, which you washed in the shower/bath that same day/the previous night.
    I totally understand why people don't wash their hands, coz to be honest i dont touch any part of me down their when i go to the loo and there is a fair amount of toilet paper in-between the bits that get wiped so nothing gets on my hands, and even tho guys do touch their penis they dont get piss on their hands unless really crap at taking a wee so i do get it but i would feel rather dirty if i didn't, guess its just something that we have been conditioned into doing for hygiene.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.