Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you wash your hands after you go to the toilet? Watch

• View Poll Results: Washing your hands after the toilet?
    Yes, every time/almost every time
    77.88%
    Only after a #1/only after a #2
    6.19%
    Depends on where I am and/or how much time I have
    7.08%
    No, very rarely/never
    8.85%

ReputationRep:
    Everytime without fai.

It's rather disgusting having to open doors to get out though when people who haven't washed their hands have just been out as well.

ReputationRep:
    I am one cool hygiene freak :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I have a pretty disgusting story to tell about this.
    I was at a DIY store with my auntie and mum last week. My auntie went to the toilet just as we were leaving, so my mum and I walked ahead and waited in the car. My auntie came back and sat in the car, looked at her hand and then sniffed it and went to my mum "oh ****, look at that, i've got someone else's **** on my hand!". As in, there was **** on the toilet handle, she used it and then didn't wash her hands. She was all "haha, now you's know I don't wash my hands!"
    I seriously nearly threw up there and then.

ReputationRep:
    you guys are idiots, you're better off washing your hands before going to the toilet as there is far more dangerous bacteria infesting public places, handrails etc door handles, than on the remains of what you ate that that morning. You expose yourself more by washing after than before. regardless i do both.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    How do you get p*** on your hands?! You must be bad at going to the toilet. All you're doing is touching a bit of skin, which you washed in the shower/bath that same day/the previous night.
    Exactly! I'm a girl and my hands are usually at the side of my body when i piss, so why should i freak out if i forget to wash my hands? :confused:

As long as you wash often, it's not a problem imo

It's crazy not to.

Who doesn't?

ReputationRep:
    I always wash my hands without fail. For all those who don't, I bet you any money you wouldn't be happy if you found out the chef at your favourite restaurant has the same mentality as you...

ReputationRep:
    I always do, and if it's not the bathroom at home, I start trying to avoid touching the door handle to get out for fear of it messing up my newly-washed hands. :o:

There is a valid point in there, though. Toilet door handles are going to be universally filthy.

ReputationRep:
    Everytime I go to the toilet I wash my hands...I think it's disgusting and dirty (and lazy!) if you don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wildebeest)
    I always do, and if it's not the bathroom at home, I start trying to avoid touching the door handle to get out for fear of it messing up my newly-washed hands. :o:

There is a valid point in there, though. Toilet door handles are going to be universally filthy.
    Ah I hate having to open the door or public toilets when I've just washed my hands, usually I try to kick it open and run through before it closes again, and if I absolutely have to touch the handle with my hands I feel really dirty and contaminated :redface:

ReputationRep:
    Aye, and often before I go too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gooner1991)
    I always wash my hands without fail. For all those who don't, I bet you any money you wouldn't be happy if you found out the chef at your favourite restaurant has the same mentality as you...
    I'm sorry but wtf? I don't mean to be rude, but can you identify what's common between the average person who only has to worry about his own hands and own food.. And a dude who is paid for the safe production of a paid good to be ingested by hundreds of other people? Comparing apples to oranges is just... well you know.

ReputationRep:
    There's a club I go to and I swear I'm the only girl in there that washes my hands.

If I have to walk through a door I hold it by random bits not many people touch and give dire evils to anyone I see who didn't wash their hands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEnergizerRabbit)
    I'm sorry but wtf? I don't mean to be rude, but can you identify what's common between the average person who only has to worry about his own hands and own food.. And a dude who is paid for the safe production of a paid good to be ingested by hundreds of other people? Comparing apples to oranges is just... well you know.

Think about it for a minute. You don't wash your hands, then go out somewhere, even sitting at a fast food place. your putting your hands all over a table which hundreds of people then touch in turn, your basically transferring the germs off your wang onto everything you touch, including hand-rails and doors etc. You're not the only person in the world. It always annoyed me in school when you were in the toilet and someone would come in, go for it then wander out again without washing their hands...I have to sit at their desk the next period ¬¬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yourfaceisfunny)
    Why would a girl have to wash her hands after peeing? i mean she doesnt touch ANYTHING. everyones like 'ewww', but i dont think you all are so spotless and clean. i try to wash my hands every time, but sometimes i really do not have time.
    Sorry you don't have 30 seconds to wash your hands and prevent spread of infection? In perspective that's only 1/2880th of your day...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wildebeest)

you open it by the part which people least touch, or if possible just push the door with your foot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil2008)
    not if I've only had a pee. i like the smell of my willy on my hands.
    This just made me lmao.:rofl:
    I am so childish! I would of so repped you but got low rep

ReputationRep:
    Hell to the yes.

In a public toilet I cringe having to pull open the door knowing that other people have touched that same handle and haven't. It's enough for me to sometimes wash my hands again and/or open the door with tissue paper. Maybe I'm weird ...

ReputationRep:
    sometimes like sometimes im bothered sometimes im not simple

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.