Turn on thread page Beta

Do you wash your hands after you go to the toilet? watch

• View Poll Results: Washing your hands after the toilet?
    Yes, every time/almost every time
    77.88%
    Only after a #1/only after a #2
    6.19%
    Depends on where I am and/or how much time I have
    7.08%
    No, very rarely/never
    8.85%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CocoPop)
    Well a virus isn't just going to teleport from one person into another. There needs to be some medium of transfer. Why do you think everyone on TV keeps saying washing your hands - staying hygienic is one way of trying to prevent yourself from getting a viral. I'm referring to public toilets, by the way.

But I'm no expert.
    No your not. The 'mediums' your looking for are all sorts of bodily fluids. So when you cough, wheeze, spit and all that good stuff you need to cover your mouth... And then preferably wash those hands. So unless Swine flu patient A snots all over a toilet seat, and soon to be victim patient B immediately rolls up in there and licks that rim clean; a toilette seat cannot be a valid vector to transfer the swine flu virus between two individuals.

ReputationRep:
    I would just like to say to all the people saying 'aaaaaarrrggghhhh swine flu is being spread by people who don't wash their hands after going to the toilet' You're all a bunch of ******* morons. Swine flu is not spread through people urine, it is mainly spread through people sneezing into their hands and then touching stuff. Besides, big ******* woop, it's only flu. Everyone is going ******* over this swineflu bullcrap

ReputationRep:
    Of course i do, even if i had a few minutes left to get to a final exam or about to miss a train. Ive seen so many people who dont, no matter where i have been, school, uni, resteraunts, town centre w/e.. i have always had to see one female not washing her hands and rushing through the doors.. just urgh. Heck i even wash my hands even if i was just in the toilets to check up on makeup or hair or something

ReputationRep:
    Don't need to if I'm having a pee and don't need to touch a flusher because i flop my penis out and back in again without ever touching it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't - how else am I going to smile when I'm shaking the hand of somebody I don't like?

ReputationRep:
    Always!

ReputationRep:
    no because i dont piss on my hands

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.